I dont mean to complain....

Quikstang

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2000
Orlando FL
But $1800 before taxes for a Tremec TKo... WTF!!! GOOOOlllyyy!! I mean hell, thats even before the new bellhousing, shifter crossmemeber and Yolk... ITs going to cost well over 2200 bucks to get me back on the track... I just had to post this.. My girl doesnt understand what the big deal is... As much as i said i would never put another dime into my current tranny, its damn near worth sending it someplace thats top notch for maybe a grand and getting it built right.... not being able to hit the strip and going to shows with only 1,2,4 and reverse sucks, but I dont think I can justify that much more money into my toy right now....:( Sorry guys, just a rant...

• Sponsors (?)

I got my Promotion TKO w/ about 50 miles on it off of corral.net. It also included the following:
McLeod clutch & Pressure plate
Steeda shifter
McLeod scattershield
FMS Alum driveshaft
Xtended fork
Modified x-member

Everything for $1850 ..... deals are out there you just have to look.

Yea, I have 9 year old 3550 with about 600 HARD passes on it that I bought used.. I have exploded nearly everything in it at least twice.. lol.. I really did not want to build it again, but looks like the route I am going to take. I was checking out G-Force but they want like 1200 dollars just for parts.... As far as deals, I am keeping an eye out. I have seen a couple going for about that with all the parts to go with em...

It is alot once you get it going.

Lucky i found a complete promotion setup NIB from a local guy for $2000. Tko 600, billet flywheel cable and firewall adjuster, race clutch (which is brutal on the street) bell housing and yoke. Feeling lucky to only spend 2 grand is kinda wierd.

G force doesn't save all that much money if you get the upgraded shaft setup. Basically that only saves you the money on the bellhousing.