Sooo I just went through 49 pages of 05+ pic thread....again:)

clentonz

Jul 13, 2008
WOW,
Lets start out short....I have always, ALWAYS wanted a 5-speed mustang GT; I remember back in the day when I thought that there was not way in HE** that I could afford a new edge(99-04) and this was back in high school...04? Anyways, I have done so must research on the last 3 generation mustangs, that I probably know more than some "regular" owner knows about his own stang...I drive a 97' Grand Cherokee 5.2L right now....

Anyways, to the topic...I can finally afford a nice new edge mustang GT, and that's great; I don't care what anyone thinks of what I drive...as long as I like it. But since the new s197 stangs have came out, I have been in complete "aw".....I just love the looks and especially the interior! I just went through the 50 pages of the 05' pic thread, and I'm just amazed on how good these cars can look :eek:

So now I'm thinking, "well wtf, waited this long for the new edge, why not wait a little longer for a s197?"

I have just heard too many good things about them....mild bolt on GT's running 12's, etc. And how the 4.6L 2v pretty much need a FI ($2500+) to get going, plus the interior :rolleyes:

Anyways, to make a long question short; should I buy a 01-04 GT now? Or should I wait a year or so until the s197 depreciates enough + me saving up to get one?

Sorry for the long rant, I just caught my self looking at $3000 superchargers to get the power that a s197 can get with bolt on's/tune...RELIABLY....The stang I get will be my DD for however many years, so I kind of find myself confused at this point. :shrug:

Sorry if this is a confusing thread, I have had a little :cheers:

Any input on this? I know this has probably been asked a million times before, but you know...Could I even get a good s197 GT for around 13K, In a year or so?

Thanks guys, :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Believe it or not you can get 05's and 06's VERY cheap. Almost as cheap as an 04 with decent mileage.

You're MUCH better off saving up for the S197. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the 2V.

Definitely wait to find a S197. I loved my '03 GT, and I still miss it. But it wasn't half the car my S197 is. I've seen used ones as low as $15k. Actually, Galpin was just unloading about 40 brand new GTs for $19k.

The only problem for your situation is that these cars actually have been holding their value quite well, for a Ford. So it may take a little while to get down to your price range, but should be there in a year or so.

I have to agree with everyone else. MY 06 Gt is my fourth Mustang. I've owned a 1998, 2000 and 2002 Mustang GT. And the 2006 is the best of them all. The interior, the stereo, the handling, acceleration, the looks.... and the reaction from people who see it.

I've had a lot of work done to my car, but it gets a TON of attention. I never had this reaction with my 2000 or 2002. Here's my 2002 GT.

You should be able to get an 05 GT for under $14k.
Here's an 05 GT 5-speed for $13,900.

save up and wait for an S197 they're well worth it. not to knock the new edge stangs, but if you're that excited about the 05-09s then you'll never be fully happy not owning one.

Thanks guys, I am defiantly going to save up/wait for a used s197. I guess I was just kind of "settling" with the new edge because it was the only car out there that fit my specs, and in my price range. But your right, I would be kicking myself in the butt, a couple a years down the road. I just REALLY hope that the used price of them goes down a lot, when the 2010 comes out:rolleyes: . Because honestly, They HAVE been holding their value pretty well....guess they are some good cars ;)
Do y'all think that they will drop that much when they come out?
Thanks for the honesty, and help; I really appreciate it:nice:

Happy Holidays everyone

I got mine for 6K off the sticker price imagine what you can do price wise with some pre owned models. Wait and fish for a great deal on a S197 car trust me. New platform that isn't two decades old plus excellent returns from mods wrapped in that killer retro styling and you can't get any better then that.