i feel like my mileage should be better....

• Sponsors (?)

Mark89coupe said:
Yep. :p I filled up got on the hwy then when I got off I filled it again. I almost sharted my drawers after I did the math.
What does GMAFB stand for?

No way. A 5.0 absolutely cannot get 30 mpg. Maybe if your going downhill the entire time. Ford couldnt build a 5.0 now that could get that good of gas mileage. Maybe a diesel but I doubt that too. You cant give people unrealistic expectations about thier fuel economy. :nono:

No way. A 5.0 absolutely cannot get 30 mpg. Maybe if your going downhill the entire time. Ford couldnt build a 5.0 now that could get that good of gas mileage. Maybe a diesel but I doubt that too. You cant give people unrealistic expectations about thier fuel economy.

It actually is possible for a 5.0 to get 30 mpg. I've seen it happen more than once. Granted, while not very practical, it most definitely is possible. It takes the right combonation of a lot of things to make it happen, like:

New plugs/wires
New cap/rotor
Underdrive Pulleys
new air/fuel filters and pcv
tires properly inflated
proper air/fuel ratio
properly functioning fuel pump and o2 sensors
synthetic oils throughout the car
reduce car's weight
clean injectors
use cruise control whenever possible
not to mention 2.73 gears a 5 speed transmission helps
and most importantly a LIGHT RIGHT FOOT

Now, having said all that it certainly is possible for a 5.0 to get this kind of mileage, but not very likely. And yes that crazy far out number 30 i would say is only possible under "highway" driving conditions. But many many 5.0 foxes get mid 20's driving around town, and some people still average 20 beating the hell out of the car. And yes I would say it is impossible for a car that is currently getting 10mpg to ever see 30mpg... But, these cars can be economical if tuned to be so...

Most importantly is how heavy the driver's foot is... case in point my old truck could only get 9mpg with me driving but my dad managed 16mpg... go figure.

I topped off the fuel tank, got on the highway drove 114 miles to Ft Meyers got off the highway and re-filled the tank. 3.8 gallons. Anyone in the Tampa area want to go for a ride to prove it? I had the a/c on also.
I also have gas receipts showing the times I filled and which gas stations.