I found my recent but annoying antifreeze leak...you won't believe..

Pokageek

Jun 10, 2005
MA, USA
Well when I pulled up the carpet on the passenger side, its soaked slowly but surely in antifreeze:mad:..glad I found it..anyone else experience this? It must be the heater core. It's summer and I am just going to bypass it for now. How do I do it guys? Which hose goes where? I want to be sure. Thanks.

p.s. Where do I get the replacement firewall insulation and rubber it was leaking into and how do I get that mat off the firewall itself?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Whole dash needs to come out... But its not that bad for us vert guys :rlaugh: right out the roof... i have the new heater core for my car in the kitchen... its a bitch but you can handle it... and if not... drive it up here and we can do them at the same time:D

The 2 hoses are differnt sizes autozone or any auto part store sells a bypass kit to make it easy on ya.

Whole dash needs to come out... But its not that bad for us vert guys :rlaugh: right out the roof... i have the new heater core for my car in the kitchen... its a bitch but you can handle it... and if not... drive it up here and we can do them at the same time:D

The 2 hoses are differnt sizes autozone or any auto part store sells a bypass kit to make it easy on ya.

Thanks GRN! Thanks Adam. I may take you up on that but it will be a while. I've got too much on the plate right now. Thanks for offering. I will buy the beer man!:nice:

p.s. MAybe when the time comes we can cut up the neighbors car for fun!:rlaugh::)

You don't have to pull the dash. If you unbolt the dash, take out the passenger seat, and drop the steering column, you can squeeze the HVAC box out with the dash still in the car. You do have to disconnect the AC to do this though.

Kurt

You don't have to pull the dash. If you unbolt the dash, take out the passenger seat, and drop the steering column, you can squeeze the HVAC box out with the dash still in the car. You do have to disconnect the AC to do this though.

Kurt

If its already unbolted and he wants to replace the mat behind it... why not just give your self the extra room... there is only a few harnesses left to unclip:shrug:

If its already unbolted and he wants to replace the mat behind it... why not just give your self the extra room... there is only a few harnesses left to unclip:shrug:

I'm not recommending that it be done either way. Just making folks aware that it can be done without pulling the dash. My cheap asss, I usually pull the dash, cuz 134A is expensive.

Kurt