I Got 13's!!!!!!

5ohhh

Mar 31, 2005
Loveville, MD
Well I did it. My goal this year was to break 13's by the end of June and I definatly think I am ahead of schedule. On Friday Nite on my first pass (only pass i dident lift for eleminations) I pulled the 13 outta my hat. Heres the numbers.

RT: .102
60: 2.067
330:5.811
1/8: 8.950
MPH: 80.08
1000:11.672
1/4:13.968
MPH:97.72

I was very happy with the pass. The only number I see thats still weak is my 60'. Its really tough to slip that Dual Friction Clutch but I am starting to get the hang of it slowly but surely I guess. Also, I know the numbers may not be all that impressive for my mods but, I'll admit my driving could definatly be alot better. Any input??

• Sponsors (?)

Killercanary said:
Congrats on the 13's. What track do you run at? I'd expect to see a higher MPH out of your combo, especially since you are trapping 80mph in the 1/8th. What is your finish line RPM?

Actually, I probobally run at one of the Fastest tracks in the Country. Maryland International Raceway in Budds Creek MD, we are right at sea level and when I ran It was about 65 Degrees so the air was pretty good. I think the reason the 1/4 MPH is down a little is because of my 4:10's and 40 Series Drag Radials. Im turning like 5,400 through the traps and with the stock Intake it doesent pull too hard after 5k. I have a Gt-40 Aluminum Intake setting in my shop waiting to go on I just need to get around to doing it. Being that I have been 98 Im thinkin the Intake should put me at the 100 mark.

oh and jghood13....I havent noticed a huge difference with the spool other than the car does alot better on the burnout. Now it hooks good compared to the traction lock but im getting a little wheel hop when I dump the clutch. Im thinking with the right rear suspension set-up the spool would really be helpful.

I saw you were in MD so that's why I asked. I know some of the fastest tracks around are there... I have run at Cecil and it is EASILY 2mph faster than my home track! I thought you had an intake... with it you WILL see over 100mph, I wouldn't be surprised if you see 102 with it and your current mods at that track.

Killercanary said:
I saw you were in MD so that's why I asked. I know some of the fastest tracks around are there... I have run at Cecil and it is EASILY 2mph faster than my home track! I thought you had an intake... with it you WILL see over 100mph, I wouldn't be surprised if you see 102 with it and your current mods at that track.

Awesome, thats what I like to hear. I have had a few people say the stock Intake is holding me back a little. What should I expect with the GT-40 E.T. wise??? I was thinking along the lines of a tenth or two. Any ideas?

oops almost forgot, killercanary....I know you have been messing with the sn95 stuff for a while. Are my numbers ok for my mods? Or is my driving off? The cars a strong runner so if the numbers are down its gotta be me.

nmcgrawj said:
Congrats!

How is that spool on the street? How do those work exactly? How much and where did u get it from?

Well, my car doesent have tags at the moment because im fighting a law suite over a accident i had and i cant insure any more vehicles. I have drove it on the street a few times though....(shhhhhh heh heh) and the spool seems to work just fine. It is straight up posi traction. Both wheels always turn. Its kind of weird to get used to because when you make slow sharp turns it buckles kinda like a 4x4 truck when all 4 wheels are locked. As far as driving though at normal speeds i havent felt anything. It definatly does a nie burnout at the track i know that, no more one wheel black marks either haha. They run about 150 bucks, if you go that far, go ahead and get the moser axles too if you plan on hitting the strip often. The whole kit is like 500 bucks but its worth it to have a bullet proof rear.

5ohhh said:
Well, my car doesent have tags at the moment because im fighting a law suite over a accident i had and i cant insure any more vehicles. I have drove it on the street a few times though....(shhhhhh heh heh) and the spool seems to work just fine. It is straight up posi traction. Both wheels always turn. Its kind of weird to get used to because when you make slow sharp turns it buckles kinda like a 4x4 truck when all 4 wheels are locked. As far as driving though at normal speeds i havent felt anything. It definatly does a nie burnout at the track i know that, no more one wheel black marks either haha. They run about 150 bucks, if you go that far, go ahead and get the moser axles too if you plan on hitting the strip often. The whole kit is like 500 bucks but its worth it to have a bullet proof rear.

Sucks to hear about the lawsuit...hope it works out alright. But thats sweet to hear about the rear. What made u get a spool and not a regular 31 spline unit like auburn i think? Are spools much stronger or something? I dont know much about rears...just getting into it. Does that $500 include the install? If not, how much was that?

Thats about what I run, but I only get ~ 78mph in the 1/8th. I have 373's though, so thats probably where it comes from. And 2.0 60's arent horrendous, especially if you have it lowered. Most of the people pulling 1.7's have either soft ass drag springs/struts, or are till on the softy stock stuff. Stiffer lowering springs really hurt weight transfer, so its alot harder to hook at the track.

nmcgrawj said:
Sucks to hear about the lawsuit...hope it works out alright. But thats sweet to hear about the rear. What made u get a spool and not a regular 31 spline unit like auburn i think? Are spools much stronger or something? I dont know much about rears...just getting into it. Does that $500 include the install? If not, how much was that?

The only reason I went with a spool is because I plan on this car being a 11-10 second car in the next few years. Spools are just a peice of aluminum that tie the two axles together and the ring gear bolts to it. Very simple. Me and my dad did the install so no the kit for the 33 splines and the spool was 500. That also includes the C-Clip Elimanators which does away with the dinky little c-clips that hold the axles in place from the factory. If your car is a street/weekend warrior, my advice would be to get a set of 31 Spline Moser axles and a Detroit Locker. That should hold up to about 6-700 h.p. which is a hell of alot of motor at the wheels. This combo is also great for the street. I would expect a local mechanic to charge about 5-600 bucks for the install....it is alot of work and requires the gear install to be done all over again. IMO...it is still well worth it.