I hate jersey cops, help me beat a ticket!

I live in Warren county on the border of Sussex so Im in the country part. Same house prices as compared to the more populated counties. Same property taxes only we have no sewers and no city water! So WTF are we paying for?:shrug:
Yeah we have the woods YEAHHH!:rolleyes: If you go in the woods. ESPECIALLY in the summer theres nothing but poison Ivy, Deer ticks (Lyme disease) and swarms of mosquitos flying around you because they smell your sweat, and you are sweating your ass off because its 95% humidity!:nonono: I stand firmly when I say NJ sucks ass! :)

so you must be in the general vicinity of Marksboro or Blairstown, close to Fredon. your taxes are high because of your proximity to rt 80, though taxes are high everywhere in this state. whats your car look like? i'm sure i have seen it around more than once.

nothing you said has anything to do with NJ sucking ass. you just described 99.9% of the northeast region and eastern parts of the midwest. not to mention many places that are WORSE when it comes to weather and terrain.

i personally kinda like the woods and fields :shrug: sure as hell beats the ghetto

• Sponsors (?)

i dont see how any of this will help me with my ticket :shrug:

yeah i'm sorry i am kinda fueling this whole thing

how much is the ticket for? if its $50 or less, I wouldnt worry about it and just pay up to save the trouble. if its over $100, fight it for sure. If it's in the middle, it depends on what is more valuable to you: the $ or your time.

the taillight thing is like them saying that SVO's and 93 Cobra's are illegal, which is obviously not true. Find clear documentation that proves that these style lights were OEM on some models and that you chose them for your car as a cosmetic upgrade. they cannot say that they are illegal on your particular year and model car because it did not come that way, because that fact makes no difference as to how visible they are due to the striping.

as for the dimness, how old are the lights? are they actual new repro's of the cobra lights or are they original SVO's or striped originals from an 80's stang? older ones are known to get dim over time due to the reflective surface on the inside of the housing wearing off over the years.

I am not sure what the cop was going for, but if you feel strongly that they are bright enough, take some daytime photos of the brake lights and some nighttime photos of both the taillights and brake lights and present them to the judge.

good luck

To get out of any ticket in NJ, call ray staub at (609) 585-2443. great NJ lawyer.

To those who say jersey does not have good pizza, that is ridiculous.:mad: I take my food very seriously!! I have one word to say. Delorenzo's..

And the review from SliceNY dot com. Goddamm NY'ers thinking we don't have good pizza in Jerz:mad:
View attachment 389804

Hudson Street
A few hours had past since our lunch at De Lorenzo's Hamilton Avenue, and we were excited about our upcoming dinner at De Lorenzo's Hudson Street. Our time of arrival was 4:30 pm, just prior to the mad crush usually experienced around 5:00 pm or so.

Hudson Street is nowhere near as diner friendly as Hamilton Avenue. First, the restaurant is a converted row house, so accommodations are tight. At most, there are 15 booths or tables, with not much wiggle room. Second, there are no public restrooms, so make sure you take care of "business" prior to your arrival—and keep drinking to a minimum. The décor was quite similar to Hamilton Avenue, again with wood paneling, only in a much smaller setting. There are two ovens in the center of the floor, and a single television is usually tuned to a football game during the winter months.

We were second in line for seating, and it was quite a chilly day, so we were fortunate to be standing indoors rather than outdoors. There is no host, and seating is first come, first served. The queue resembles more a jumbled mass of loiterers snaking out the door and down the street, relying on self-management to ensure people sit in the appropriate order of arrival.

It took about 20 minutes before a booth opened up for us. Unlike Hamilton Avenue, there are no menus, so you have to order as if you know the deal. Here's a primer: There are small and large pies, eight and 10 slices, respectively. There are fewer varieties than Hamilton Avenue, but the mainstays are the usual—tomato and cheese, pepperoni, anchovies, sausage, peppers, even a white-clam pie that is said to be amazing.

Having eaten at Hudson Street before, I was well aware of these peculiarities. Gary Amico, who operates the restaurant, took our order. Given our earlier experience with the sausage topping at Hamilton Avenue, we opted for a plain pie. Birch beer accompanied the meal (of course).

PLAIN AND SIMPLE: The De Lorenzo's Hudson Street tomato pie. We ordered this pie with tomato and cheese only, to maximize crunch. Note the fine charring and golden crust, which tastes as good as it looks. Note the hours at DeLorenzo's Hudson (right); they're open for lunch on Fridays only.

It took about 45 minutes before our pie arrived, largely due to the limited cooking capacity at Hudson Street. With only two ovens, there are only a few pies cooking at any one time. Actually, the entire tomato-pie-making process seems to be done with more care than any other pizza establishment I've seen, so you feel like the result is a bit more special. The pie was cut in front of us with a knife—first in half, then into asymmetric slices.

Once you taste it, you know the wait was worth it. The taste was completely different from Hamilton Avenue. The crust has a smoky taste, not unlike something from a wood-fired oven. The crust is thinner than Hamilton Avenue's already thin crust but still substantial enough to maintain balance with the cheese and sauce. If there is an Achilles heel to Hudson Street's tomato pie, however, it's the inconsistent crunch; the pie is crisper at the edge, and gets softer toward the middle. However, at its crispest, it is without equal. This suits some people just fine, but to me, it was a small letdown compared to Hamilton Avenue's consistent crunch and firmness.

No other apologies needed, this pie rocks. The ingredients seemed slightly more fresh and flavorful than Hamilton Avenue, although not enough to quibble over. Interestingly, where the Hamilton Avenue tomato pie provides a consistent taste experience from bite to bite, the Hudson Street tomato pie shakes things up a bit. Some bites impart the taste of crust and cheese, with a smidge of olive oil. Other bites give you amazing tomato flavor and a crunch that is near potato-chip perfection. Each bite is something to look forward to with anticipation, and you are never disappointed. Examining the pie should indicate as much—it looks a lot like an authentic Neapolitan pizza Margherita, with splashes of tomatoes (seeds intact) and bits of cheese sprinkled about.

This pie was my wife's favorite. I have always preferred Hamilton Avenue to Hudson Street, if only for their consistent taste, but my wife has never shared my enthusiasm. From the second she tasted the Hudson Street pie, I knew she was hooked. To her, this was by far the best pie she had ever eaten. I can't argue with her—this is a darn good tomato pie, and I'd put it up against pizza from any place in the country.

Our tab was about $14, before tip. The mechanical cash register here seemed even older than the one at Hamilton Avenue. Our stomachs filled, we left pondering the wait for the eager souls lined up around the block and looked forward to our next excursion to Trenton for De Lorenzo's.

Also, I'd have to say Jersey is the capitol of sarcasm, I go to school in PA and nobody understands my sarcasm! Jersey is the only state where if your out of state and you see someone thats from Jersey too and your like, "Hell yea!". I've never heard of someone saying something like, "Oh your from North Dakota too? Hell yea!". I like Jersey because it stands out from the other states. And everybody thinks its one giant crap box. oh yea, we know how to drive better than everyone else too.

drive better? one good thing with being registered in ny is that only place you can get points on your liscense is in the state of ny and in canada, any other state i can speed pretty as much as i wouldnt want and jus have to play the ticket and not have to worry about points (not that i would)

yeah jesse most people around here drive horribly, lol. i think the rest of us learn to drive better to avoid all the retards on the road...its our own little form of defensive driving!

the worst tho that i see regularly have to be PA drivers. either they putt along like there is no one else on the road or they are damn near running the rest of us off the road. maybe when they cross into jersey they somehow think they need to turn on the "aggressive" switch lol

drive better? one good thing with being registered in ny is that only place you can get points on your liscense is in the state of ny and in canada, any other state i can speed pretty as much as i wouldnt want and jus have to play the ticket and not have to worry about points (not that i would)

wait wait wait, you can actually get points from a ticket in Canada????:shrug:

wait wait wait, you can actually get points from a ticket in Canada????:shrug:

some states will match the penalty you receive for an offense in another state, and i assume that is how NY and canada work because they border each other. if you do something in canada and get 2 points, when you come back to NY they will match that 2 points, giving you 4 total.

some states will match the penalty you receive for an offense in another state, and i assume that is how NY and canada work because they border each other. if you do something in canada and get 2 points, when you come back to NY they will match that 2 points, giving you 4 total.

wow...:nonono: that's nothing shy of rediculous. Here in the NW we dont even operate on a points system! I could get away with any driving offense in Ca and it wouldnt matter... bum deal for you guys I guess...:shrug:

so you must be in the general vicinity of Marksboro or Blairstown, close to Fredon. your taxes are high because of your proximity to rt 80, though taxes are high everywhere in this state. whats your car look like? i'm sure i have seen it around more than once.

nothing you said has anything to do with NJ sucking ass. you just described 99.9% of the northeast region and eastern parts of the midwest. not to mention many places that are WORSE when it comes to weather and terrain.

i personally kinda like the woods and fields :shrug: sure as hell beats the ghetto

Now we can agree on something! The NE? Yes and no.NY/NJ/Pa/Ma/Va and a few more down south. Maine is cool.Eastern parts of the midwest, which states? I lived in Colorado and pretty much the entire NE and Colorado are 2 different worlds!

Now we can agree on something! The NE? Yes and no.NY/NJ/Pa/Ma/Va and a few more down south. Maine is cool.Eastern parts of the midwest, which states? I lived in Colorado and pretty much the entire NE and Colorado are 2 different worlds!

Illinois, Indiana, etc have similar weather and land as we do here in jersey...anything farther west than that is very different.

Well went to see how much my ticket was via online and i apparently have to appear in court for this one, and have to have proof i would guess that my lights are fixed. i resprayed the reflective part on them and they are brighter but its not a worlds difference, as for the stripping i remebered i purchased the 5.0 handbook and its got a nice picture of my legal taillights and years they were produced