I miss my baby!

My 07 GT has been at Morgan Hill Ford since Saturday the 5th. I took it in for a "crunch" noise I had been hearing for a little while when shifting from 1st to 2nd. The weird thing is that it would only do it when it was cold, like first thing in the morning and only shifting from 1st to 2nd.

I took it to the dealer and they verified the noise and told me that it had something to do with the synchros in the tranny. It took them 3 days to get the parts in, then Ford sent someone out to do an inspection before they started the work. So I probably won't be getting my car back until tomorrow. I've been driving an Edge this whole time. Not a bad car, but definitely not a Mustang.

So I just wanted to vent and say how much I miss my baby. And to think I turned down the extended warranty a few times before I finally gave in and bought it. Sure looks like a smart decision now since I've had tranny work done and also had a battery and alternator replaced. :D

• Sponsors (?)

My 07 GT has been at Morgan Hill Ford since Saturday the 5th. I took it in for a "crunch" noise I had been hearing for a little while when shifting from 1st to 2nd. The weird thing is that it would only do it when it was cold, like first thing in the morning and only shifting from 1st to 2nd.

I took it to the dealer and they verified the noise and told me that it had something to do with the synchros in the tranny. It took them 3 days to get the parts in, then Ford sent someone out to do an inspection before they started the work. So I probably won't be getting my car back until tomorrow. I've been driving an Edge this whole time. Not a bad car, but definitely not a Mustang.

So I just wanted to vent and say how much I miss my baby. And to think I turned down the extended warranty a few times before I finally gave in and bought it. Sure looks like a smart decision now since I've had tranny work done and also had a battery and alternator replaced. :D

OMG - 11 whole days - how can you stand it????

lol - just pulling your chain.

I put my car away October 20th and we've got about 2 months to go before spring arrives enough to maybe drive the Mustang. I hope you guys know how fortunate you are to live in that climate.

OMG - 11 whole days - how can you stand it????

lol - just pulling your chain.

I put my car away October 20th and we've got about 2 months to go before spring arrives enough to maybe drive the Mustang. I hope you guys know how fortunate you are to live in that climate.

Man, I can't imagine living somewhere where I only got to drive the Stang for part of the year.

What do you drive for a winter vehicle?

Try not driving your stang for 2 months and looking at it sit in your driveway under a cover while there is 3 feet of snow outside. I want to drive my car so bad. I think I'm going to go warmer up and give her a few revs today.

LAME!!

Was supposed to get her back yesterday, but they didn't finish. Was supposed to be ready today but apparently a snap ring broke. So now they have to order a new one and it won't be in until Monday!!

****!!! I'm sick of driving this lame-ass, gutless Edge!!! I want my car back!!! :mad:

So I get her back on Monday and I hear a rattling/rumbling coming from the rear end. I guess when they put her back together something wasn't buttoned up right. Sounds like something vibrating like the exhaust is rubbing against something.

So now I have to take her back! LAME. :mad: