I need 5 large.....

GTPhreak

Founding Member
Mar 16, 2000
Rowlett, TEXAS
Fikse Profil 5 :drool: 1K/ea + tires :(

rimchop.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Nice car i dont like the rims and i wouldnt spend that much on tires you can go on ebay and get cheap ones. Your rims look photoshopped on their. O well nice car and go with something more cheaper you could super charge your car for 5 large?

lol no..? i beleive when you supercharge a car it is fast as well is it not? You dont turbo a 8 cyl you just dont in my book its a 8cyl. When you go to car shows what do most v8s have a supercharger or a turbocharger. And yes i do like fast cars...

nitrousrush said:
lol no..? i beleive when you supercharge a car it is fast as well is it not? You dont turbo a 8 cyl you just dont in my book its a 8cyl. When you go to car shows what do most v8s have a supercharger or a turbocharger. And yes i do like fast cars...
I think you are crazy. ANY engine would look better with a turbocharger. The only limitations in my book are packaging constraints. If you can't fit a gigantic 80mm turbo and 6" downpipe in the car, I would understand..... but you could always go twin turbo.
I would definatly make a twin turbo 5.0 anyday over a supercharged 5.0. Not only is a different from the norm, but it makes more power for less money. :banana:

The main reason that there are more superchargers than turbos on V8's is because #1 Turbos are admittedly a little harder to understand than superchargers and only recently started gaining big popularity, and #2 Superchargers are usually quite a bit easier to install (no rerouting of the exhaust or anything)

Turbo! Its where the power is at. turbos are better for several reasons. More power under the curve than a blower car (full boost at low rpms, and it lasts throughout the rest of the powerband), less stress on the crank because you dont have to have the belt really tight to prevent slippage with a turbo, it uses "wasted" exhaust energy instead of drawing away hp from extra power by drag on the crank from said belt...those are just a few reasons...plus i can build a turbo kit for less than i can buy a supercharger.

its not just "where your from" . Its like stated above, most people like the easy plug and play supercharger, a very easy install with good power. But if you want the most Horsepower, you go Turbo...its proven, everywhere. From a production car, to the support vehicles used in the gulfwar. they dont strap on superchargers, the Go turbo! You pick a supercharged car that makes good power, i say pull of that supercharger and strap a turbo on , and will make a grip more power. Superchargers ARE cool, but anyone one who likes and knows fast cars, knows that a turbo pretty much owns the market.