I need a picture of the rear seat mount in a fastback.

bud4660

Founding Member
Apr 14, 2002
Mesquite, Tx
One of the guys I work with is restoring a 1966 fastback. He bought a project someone else started. So he didnt take it apart. He just finsihed painting the inside rear panels and is trying to figure out how the rear seat mounts. It seems to me something is missing but I dont remember what. My 67 is tubbed so I dont have anything to look at either. I showed him how the seat goes back together and folds. But there is nothing on the floor for it to bolt to?? This is what I need a picture of.
Thanks
Bud

• Sponsors (?)

for 65-6 fold down assemblies....

The lower seat 'clicks' into place basically wedged between the lower humps that stick up on the middle of the pan and the little hooks on curved part that clears the axle.

RESTO009.jpg

The rear part of the seat clicks onto the fold down panel. That panel is then mounted on the little platforms (in line with the shock mount caps) but pushed all the way out to the edges. 2 bolts per side.

The rear package tray piece
RESTO024.jpg

Is the trickiest to mount. It requires 4 screws. There are 2 little platforms with big round holes back by the trap door. The rear peice has little metal 'slats' on the rear of it that slide under this platform. The screws then go through the top, pass through the large hole in the platform mount and screw into the slats...basically tighting itself to the platform. Then there are 2 screws (one for each side) closer to the front that screw through the part and into holes in the metal mounting hinge assembly from the actual fold down seat that you already bolted down to the pedastools.

The flip part mounts with the piano hinge only.

RESTO028.jpg

RESTO025.jpg

bud4660 said:
Thanks!! I told him just make some (L) brackets..... :rolleyes: lol

That's all it is.....

4 inch tall, 4 long, 2 inch wide.....then there are some shims that are used to make sure the seat back is at the correct height that go on top of the bracket and under the seat mount bracket that is on the fold down assembly.

seatmount.jpg

Attachments

• seatmount.jpg
    seatmount.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 106