30,000 miles on stock clutch.
I have basic mods.
I drive hard and fast.
I dont mind a stiff pedal.

Im thinking of

Centerforce DF clutch $265 RPM Outlet
Fidanza Flywheel $319 LM performance

• Sponsors (?)

You hit the nail on the head, I've allways used center force clutches in my 4x4's and have found them to be an outstanding product. As far as flywheels, if your swapping, might as well go aluminum and I've haven't used one my self, have heard nothing but good things about fidanza. They are all the rage with the fast and the furious crowd.

I have a Centerforce DF and a Centerforce aluminum flywheel. It's been great. Just make sure to let it break in for a few hundred miles before flogging it. That's very important. It takes that long for the entire friction surface to wear in and give full contact to the flywheel and pressure plate. I installed the same set up on a friend's car using the Fidanza flywheel which is much cheaper than the Centerforce and the guy loves it. The difference is the Centerforce one uses a better grade of aluminum. ( 7000 series as opposed to 6000 series aluminum)

I don't know what a shop would charge for the intall, but I'm sure it's at least a few hundred. The Spec set ups are real nice and probably grip a bit better than the Centerforce, but I've heard a lot of guys complain about a little chatter. The Spec is either engaged or not, there's no in between which gives it a kind of abrupt feel when letting the pedal out. The guys that have them love them for the most part. They definitely grip well.

i just got the specstage II. i have not put it in yet, but i have driven a car with one. i loved it. but the center force is great to. i just got a good deal on the spec set. i like sticking with one company. but i am sure you will be happy either way. much better than stock. and make sure you give it about 300-400mi of city driving. you want to do some stop and go, dont just drive 200 mi and back again. get some heat cycles through it.

i just got the specstage II. i have not put it in yet, but i have driven a car with one. i loved it. but the center force is great to. i just got a good deal on the spec set. i like sticking with one company. but i am sure you will be happy either way. much better than stock. and make sure you give it about 300-400mi of city driving. you want to do some stop and go, dont just drive 200 mi and back again. get some heat cycles through it.

How was the engagement? How much lighter is the flywheel than the stock unit?

the car i drove with it had about 2000 mi on the clutch. i drove it on the street and loved it. i did grab a little more than stock but i would not say that it was on and off. now it was great at the track. the car had et streets on it. i dumped it at around 4500 and it actually bogged. tried it again at about 5000 after a second gear smokey burn out, and she left real hard. as for the weight i could not tell you. call brenspeed, i am sure that they could answer it. i wont be back in the states until next november, so i wont get it in until then. so as far as how it affects the way the motor spins up, i could not tell you. also look at jpc they are selling the combo mentioned above for a steel.

http://www.jpcracing.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1259

Exactly how difficult is it to replace the clutch/flywheel in our vehicles? That is one of the winter projects I have planned. It seems pretty straight forward to me. Move the exhaust out of the way, unbolt the driveshaft, drop the tranny, take out old parts and put in new ones. Am I missing any specific details? There isn't any degreeing involved like with a camshaft, or any backlash to set like with rear end gears, is there?

Thanks!