i need help picking a cam!!!!

stalkercobra89

Jun 19, 2005
hey guys i got a stock bottom end 92 mass air 5.0 in my 87 gt and i'm puttin gt-40 heads and upper and lower intake on it soon along with 24#injectors, 190 fuel pump and a pro-m mass air. i already have 1.6 aluminum rr's and beefy springs in the heads so thats not an issue. it's a 5 speed car with 3.55s too. i just want to hear what you guys think is the absolute best choice for a cam with this set up. i would like to use somethin like a lunati voodoo 61010 or 61011 but their website says somethin about piston clearance so i'm a little hesitant. thanks for the help!!:scratch:

• Sponsors (?)

something like the n-21 or the n-41? and while i'm at it what kinda times do you guys think i'll see at the track? i'm already runnin 14.5s without any of that stuff i listed installed yet

Custom is optimal but for an off the shelf street cam, stage 1 is hard to beat.
Kevin

+1, I have the exact same setup on my 331, cobra heads and intake. The TFS-1 makes a great street cam with that combo. I'm dusting LS-1's and Hemis all the time and still getting 23 MPG. I wish I would have installed it 4 degrees advanced for even more low end grunt, so if you do go with TFS-1 consider doing that if you want a great street car.