I need new headliner - Should I stick with stock or go suede?

kalvick

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2001
Norwalk, CT
All,

My headliner in my car is sagging where the roof meets the windshield.
I am going to get it repaired this week. the guy that is gonna do the work asked me if I want to spend a little bit more on suede.

What do you guys think? should i stick with the stock fabric ceiling headliner or go with suede? does suede = rice? Its going to be black suede in a black interior car.

• Sponsors (?)

Personally I wouldnt pay anyone to do such an easy job....all you need is some 3M adhesive spray(I wouldnt use any other brand) and some fabric from a fabric shop.

I saw a suede headliner in a civic last year and I didnt car for it. I just did a quick google search and this is what it would look like.

135542d1229497873-suede-headliner-dsc00767.jpg

CIMG5231.jpg

Actually I was just gonna get new fabric headliner, the actual material is cheaper than suede by like 10 bucks. Labor would be the same price.

I would have no problem doing it myself, except the idea of spraying glue and my arts and crafts skills, I would end up getting glue all over the car.

Actually I was just gonna get new fabric headliner, the actual material is cheaper than suede by like 10 bucks. Labor would be the same price.

I would have no problem doing it myself, except the idea of spraying glue and my arts and crafts skills, I would end up getting glue all over the car.

I figured they would charge like $100 to put it in...and you take the headliner out of the car when you put the fabric on it lol.