i need some opinions please !!!!!!!!

stangman

15 Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
in a 3 bed, 2 bath
ok here's the deal, i can get my 4.10's & have them installed along with upper & lower control arms or i can get some deep dish chrome bullitts w/ 315/35-17 nitto drag radials out back. i need some opinions here cause i'm really torn on what to do.
i know i'll do the gears & control arms later if i don't do them now, but as for the rims i don't know if i'll do it later cause i hate spending large sums of money :rolleyes: & i can piece the gears & control arms together later. about the only thing that i'm willing to spend a large sum of money on is my s/c next year & a down payment on a house soon, but that's a whole other story. so i need some opinions here. thanks for the replys guys :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Decisions, decisions... I would like to hear the technical reasoning behind changing the control arms. I know this is a popular mod... but if the new control arms reduce the 'squat' of the chassis setup, won't the result be that the rear end will be even more overwhelmed with torque?

I'm not saying that you should go with the big wheels, though. I am just giving you something to think about.

Personally, I think the 4.10s are a good way to go. Subframe connectors are nice, too. 90/10 front shocks are a good choice also.

c2see21 said:
one more thing......if i end up getting the rims & d/r's, which finish do you all think would look better on redfire gt,the chrome or the anthracite :shrug:

get anthracite..

but i'd do gears and LCA/UCA's.. wait on the rims.. here's a pic of friend's car..
mwbullittsig1.jpg

c2see21 said:
ok here's the deal, i can get my 4.10's & have them installed along with upper & lower control arms or i can get some deep dish chrome bullitts w/ 315/35-17 nitto drag radials out back. i need some opinions here cause i'm really torn on what to do.
i know i'll do the gears & control arms later

Do you already have chrome bullitts for the front to go with the chrome deep-dish bullitts you're looking at? Or do you have the anthracite all the way around? Personally, I think mixing the chromes w/ the anthracite would look bad. If you have anthracite bullitts now, and want to save some cash, I'd say go with the deep-dish anthracite bullitts, since you'd only need the 2 wheels versus all 4 and anthracite is cheaper than chrome. That is assuming, based on your post, that you are only lookin at buying the 2 rears.

As for which color? The anthracite look good w/ the RedFire, but they'd still look 'stock' even with the deep-dished rears. I'm partial to the chrome bullitts (see sig), though because I like the bullitt wheel design, and the chrome takes the 'stock' look away, IMO. Personally, though, my vote is to go chrome with the redfire.

As for what mods to do first. My suggestion would be to go w/ the gear & suspension mods first. Once those gears are in, you're bound to be smokin' your tires off more often 'cause it'll be way to much fun not too :D Might be cheaper to burn up the stock rubber rather than those 315's you're lookin' at (not D/R's will spin as easily as stock). Once the novelty of tire smoking with 4.10's fades a bit, invest in the wider, stickier stuff. Just my $.02.

DarkHorse164 said:
Do you already have chrome bullitts for the front to go with the chrome deep-dish bullitts you're looking at? Or do you have the anthracite all the way around? Personally, I think mixing the chromes w/ the anthracite would look bad. If you have anthracite bullitts now, and want to save some cash, I'd say go with the deep-dish anthracite bullitts, since you'd only need the 2 wheels versus all 4 and anthracite is cheaper than chrome. That is assuming, based on your post, that you are only lookin at buying the 2 rears.

As for which color? The anthracite look good w/ the RedFire, but they'd still look 'stock' even with the deep-dished rears. I'm partial to the chrome bullitts (see sig), though because I like the bullitt wheel design, and the chrome takes the 'stock' look away, IMO. Personally, though, my vote is to go chrome with the redfire.

As for what mods to do first. My suggestion would be to go w/ the gear & suspension mods first. Once those gears are in, you're bound to be smokin' your tires off more often 'cause it'll be way to much fun not too :D Might be cheaper to burn up the stock rubber rather than those 315's you're lookin' at (not D/R's will spin as easily as stock). Once the novelty of tire smoking with 4.10's fades a bit, invest in the wider, stickier stuff. Just my $.02.

have you decided on which TB to go with??

DarkHorse164 said:

sorry i wasn't more clear, but i'm gettin chrome for all 4 corners :nice: & i've had a few stangs & the previous one had 4.10's so i know what i'm in for with em :D that's whay i was doing suspension at the same time :p
but after seeing that photoshop, i think i'm going with the chrome bullitts & d/r's out back. of course i have until tomorrow to change my mind

c2see21 said:
sorry i wasn't more clear, but i'm gettin chrome for all 4 corners :nice: & i've had a few stangs & the previous one had 4.10's so i know what i'm in for with em :D that's whay i was doing suspension at the same time :p
but after seeing that photoshop, i think i'm going with the chrome bullitts & d/r's out back. of course i have until tomorrow to change my mind

I can't say I blame ya! They will look great! :nice:

c2see21 said:
one more thing......if i end up getting the rims & d/r's, which finish do you all think would look better on redfire gt,the chrome or the anthracite :shrug:
go with the rims.. and do the anthracite.. lighter and cleaner looking.
I just got my rims on a couple of days ago.. nothing like looking at my car now that it has some meat in the back:)
219150_72_full.jpg

-wade