• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

I need some REAL help guys...

  • Thread starter Thread starter poneypower89
  • Start date Start date Feb 26, 2007
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Next
1 of 3 Next Last

poneypower89

Now everyone in the world will know I wanna bang t
Dec 6, 2004
0
3
28
Indianapolis, Indiana
Feb 26, 2007
#1
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #1
So the other night I get this call from a chick I used to date over a year ago. Conversation went like this:

Her: Hey, what are you doing?
Me: Nothing, just got off work.
Her: Can you come over tonight, its been a while.

Well, I don't pass up on oppurtunities like that so I jumped in the Saturn and took off.

About 10 miles from my house the saturn explodes Go figure right... the gods are against me. Looks like the water pump gave out as the coolant spits out in that area as fast as I can pour it in.

Anyways, This means I had to bring the Stang out from Hibernation... and oh my freak'n god is that clutch pedal stiff. I'm talking, its taking at least 100lbs of force to get the pedal down. It feels like Im gonna break the back of my seat Im pushing so hard on it.

What can I do???

Tranny was rebuilt just 5k ago because I roasted the 3rd gear syncro. A Spec 1 clutch was installed along with a steeda adjustable quadrant.

I really need this pedal to ease up.. ALOT.

What are my options here? Im not changing out the clutch because it wasn't that stiff before I stuck the car in the garage 3 months ago. There has to be a way to fix it.

Also, does anyone know if it possible to install a hydro-clutch in these cars? Might sound kinda stupid, but when a person can press the clutch quickly they can also row through the gears quickly..

help me out guys.
 

FrankenStang

Now, give me a damn CT!
15 Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
4,461
70
129
Florence, Az
Feb 26, 2007
#2
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #2
Listening in cause I have to practically stand on the clutch pedal in my Capri to push it in. I feel your pain Poney. It was fine before it was parked. Now it's ****ing horrible.
 

poneypower89

Now everyone in the world will know I wanna bang t
Dec 6, 2004
0
3
28
Indianapolis, Indiana
Feb 26, 2007
#3
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #3
At least ur DD didnt blow up too frankie !

Im guessing it has something to do with the cable... but christ everything is basically new. I suppose being parked for a while the cable could lost its lubrication.. but I dunno.
 

FrankenStang

Now, give me a damn CT!
15 Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
4,461
70
129
Florence, Az
Feb 26, 2007
#4
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #4
Sounds like its about to tho! My throwout bearing is chirping loudly and my pedal is shaking like MAD. Oh and my A/C clutch is rattling to death too.

MUSTANGS FTW!!!!!!!!!
 

5.0 con-vert

No soup for you, Joe Rogan!!!
Jun 7, 2005
244
4
39
Boca Raton, FL
Feb 26, 2007
#5
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #5
But...did you get there on time???
 

poneypower89

Now everyone in the world will know I wanna bang t
Dec 6, 2004
0
3
28
Indianapolis, Indiana
Feb 26, 2007
#6
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #6
5.0 con-vert said:
But...did you get there on time???
Click to expand...

no way... its an hour drive and I was heading up there at like 2am.

75 bucks and a couple hours wait for the tow truck.

Had to call her and tell her I wasn't coming and that she would have to service herself.

No way Im chancing the drive in the stang with the threat of snow every night this week
 

poneypower89

Now everyone in the world will know I wanna bang t
Dec 6, 2004
0
3
28
Indianapolis, Indiana
Feb 26, 2007
#7
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #7
~FrankenStang~ said:
Sounds like its about to tho! My throwout bearing is chirping loudly and my pedal is shaking like MAD. Oh and my A/C clutch is rattling to death too.

MUSTANGS FTW!!!!!!!!!
Click to expand...


Wow...

Isnt it sad that our old stangs are more reliable than the DDs???

I mean, aside from the clutch issue (and thats more of an annoyance than anything) I have no complaints about the stang. It has never failed to start and get me where I need to be (unless of course there is snow on the ground)
 

Turkey Sammich

I can't fap normal. I cracked a rib, then my ankle
Jul 12, 2006
0
59
154
Feb 26, 2007
#8
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #8
So, you still havent serviced her yet?
 

poneypower89

Now everyone in the world will know I wanna bang t
Dec 6, 2004
0
3
28
Indianapolis, Indiana
Feb 26, 2007
#9
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #9
jinx369 said:
So, you still havent serviced her yet?
Click to expand...

Haha, nope.

As of right now both my cars need a little service... she will have to wait.
 

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Feb 26, 2007
#10
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #10
tell her to come to your house
 

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
0
1
0
atl ga
Feb 26, 2007
#11
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #11
So is this the handicapped girl or what?
 

FrankenStang

Now, give me a damn CT!
15 Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
4,461
70
129
Florence, Az
Feb 26, 2007
#12
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #12
BURN!
 

poneypower89

Now everyone in the world will know I wanna bang t
Dec 6, 2004
0
3
28
Indianapolis, Indiana
Feb 26, 2007
#13
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #13
yea, i guess she COULD have driven here... I like how you guys are trying to fix the problem of my needs... instead of the stangs..

PonyNeedsSomeNet.com
 

poneypower89

Now everyone in the world will know I wanna bang t
Dec 6, 2004
0
3
28
Indianapolis, Indiana
Feb 26, 2007
#14
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #14
grey5.0beast said:
So is this the handicapped girl or what?
Click to expand...

No, but prolly just as ditzy

Aside from mentally handicapped...

has anyone seen the movie Freddy got Fingered?

That wheelchair chick was bang'n! And she would stop at nothing to give a little knub'n.
 

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
5,232
2,652
223
gainesville
Feb 26, 2007
#15
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #15
as much as I like working on my stang, poonani comes first
 

mustangjoe87

Member
Jul 23, 2004
364
0
16
Harrison Twp., Michigan
Feb 26, 2007
#16
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #16
Your prolly just not used to it anymore. After driving my pick up with a a hyraulic clutch my stangs stock replacement clutch seems stiff.
 

mustangjoe87

Member
Jul 23, 2004
364
0
16
Harrison Twp., Michigan
Feb 26, 2007
#17
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #17
stykthyn said:
as much as I like working on my stang, poonani comes first
Click to expand...

2nd that
 

blackened88lx

Active Member
Aug 9, 2006
0
4
28
Connecticut
Feb 26, 2007
#18
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #18
Is it really cold where you are? That will make it stiff. Lube it and use it and it should free up. Just like the chick
 

OonDeanisS

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2002
902
1
19
Danbury, CT
Feb 26, 2007
#19
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #19
get her to help u fix it
 

MAC'n89Blckstng

Active Member
Jun 11, 2003
1,012
4
36
NJ
Feb 26, 2007
#20
  • Feb 26, 2007
  • #20
My clutch is the stiffest, most unfeeling clutch ever. Im literally the only one that can drive my car smooth. It gets stiffer when I leave my car sit for a while.
 
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Next
1 of 3 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

00 4.6L V8 new clutch won’t go into gear when on?
  • Timboslice
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
177
The Welcome Wagon Aug 21, 2026
Noobz347
T
Vibrating clutch pedal
  • t.hite10
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
198
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 11, 2026
squeak93
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
173
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
3.08 gears with a manual trans
  • limp
  • Aug 27, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
43
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Qtrhrse23
T
Newbie looking for some info on speedo gears
  • TDM389
  • Nov 15, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
293
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 16, 2025
TDM389
T
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?