• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

I need some REAL help guys...

  • Thread starter Thread starter poneypower89
  • Start date Start date Feb 26, 2007
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3

poneypower89

Now everyone in the world will know I wanna bang t
Dec 6, 2004
0
3
28
Indianapolis, Indiana
Feb 27, 2007
#41
  • Feb 27, 2007
  • #41
~FrankenStang~ said:
Well, I've never been backstabbed or cheated on by my cars so, hey,.....:SNSign:

Mustangs > humans
Click to expand...

I had the hood of my firebird fall on my head once... that was prolly more my fault than the cars though




Looks like the general census is my cable is on the way out. That sucks. I suppose I should be pre-emptive with this one as I dont wanna be a first name basis with the tow guy.
 

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
2,021
85
99
Montgomery, NY
Feb 27, 2007
#42
  • Feb 27, 2007
  • #42
At least all you guys have clutch cables that WORK...

I bought a replacement one, have a new firewall adjuster, and a new quadrant. Put it all in and come to find out the cable is somehow too long. The pedal sits about 2/3 the way down, and when you press it, it is horrible feeling. I am going to get an adjustable cable, and some cable grease!

Oh btw I did the clutch cable in my teal 4 cyl, and go figure, stiffer than the 5.0s with an aftermarket clutch. I think the cold has something to do with that issue, but it does suck having to press it down all the time!
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

00 4.6L V8 new clutch won’t go into gear when on?
  • Timboslice
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
177
The Welcome Wagon Aug 21, 2026
Noobz347
T
Vibrating clutch pedal
  • t.hite10
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
198
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 11, 2026
squeak93
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
173
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
3.08 gears with a manual trans
  • limp
  • Aug 27, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
43
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Qtrhrse23
T
Newbie looking for some info on speedo gears
  • TDM389
  • Nov 15, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
293
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 16, 2025
TDM389
T
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?