i need to find intake bolts asap!!!! PLEASE HELP!!

i need some intake bolts asap!! im dooing my intake and gear swap tommorow and i ahve everything ready but the studs that go on the lower to bolt on the upper. im running a 1" spacer so i need them a little longer, maybe an inch longer than the stockers; you guys know which ones im talking about :) their are 5/16-18 and are coarse on one side and a little finer on the other side...where can i find these asap!! i went to autozone, kragen, home depot.....where can i find them???? can i find them at the dealer? my buddy works there so i can get them easily if they are there....PLEASE HELP :(

• Sponsors (?)

mootang said:
I got my tall valve covers on with my stock intake. I just had to grind the bottom of the egr down about a quarter inch.

how did you manage without having the driver side vc without hitting the intake? did it hit your alternator? as many tips as you can give me are really apprecitated since im getting this done tommorow, mootang :D thanks for teh heads up

I'm a little confused about what your asking but i'll try to help you out the best i can

these are the ones i got on my car. they were less than $30 shipped.
you just cant use the factory gaskets with them. I used the fel pro cork ones and they work great.

9239.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33627&item=7981467063&rd=1

there shouldn't be a clearance issue on the drivers side. but on the passenger side you probably will have to grind the egr down. that is the only thing i had to do to get the valvecovers shown above to fit under my stock intake.

good luck

and let me know if you have any more questions

hey mootang, i have the ford racing ones that are i think they same height as yours....i just basically needed longer bolts or studs so i can clear the spacer that im putting....i found them at a local fastenal store...thanks for all your help guys.............now for the fun question, how big of a difference will i notice with the edel intake and gears together

you will notice the difference for sure. if you decide to go just make sure you get there at noon. i defenatly wouldn't get there anytime past 2 because it will already be full and you will have just wasted your gas.

Scott

96darkhorse said:
i need some intake bolts asap!! im dooing my intake and gear swap tommorow and i ahve everything ready but the studs that go on the lower to bolt on the upper. im running a 1" spacer so i need them a little longer, maybe an inch longer than the stockers; you guys know which ones im talking about :) their are 5/16-18 and are coarse on one side and a little finer on the other side...where can i find these asap!! i went to autozone, kragen, home depot.....where can i find them???? can i find them at the dealer? my buddy works there so i can get them easily if they are there....PLEASE HELP :(

Lowes or Home Depot carry a large selection of bolts. Lowes was the only place (to include a lot of performance shops) that carried bolts long enough for my '93 cobra intake (5\16-18 x 6.85") when i was missing the two tallest ones.
--Tim