I Stroking really worth it?.. get your Mind out of the gutter...

• Sponsors (?)

YES!

With out question yes. Horsepower is a good increase but torque is the name of the game. My 347 makes 310 hp, it is a really mild build but even with that it makes 370 ft torque through an automatic. I have seen 347 make 350/360 hp and 420/430 ft tq with no problem.

If I had to do it all over again I would go 393 myself and that is what I am going to do next. I'll be a member of the 500/500 club.

Don't let anyone tell you about rod ratio, oiling pin, yadda, yadda, yadda about the 347. The rod ratio is better in a 347 than a 454 Chevy. I have had mine for three plus years and not a single problem. It is like anything else use quality parts and you will get quality service out of the engine.

it all depends on the parts used and the machine work/builder........

one of the mags did an articel a few years back with a 302 v 347 with all stock top end cam, heads, intake etc.......

the 347 made like 35hp more with the stock stuff.

GTJake said:
Are you upgrading your heads and cam? Do you have a B cam in that crate motor? If you are doing a 347 I would definitley go with more cam and bigger heads than GT-40X heads.

Jake
:stupid: ....if your gonna do it , you gotta do it right and then of course you must say to yourself, is boost in the future, because a boosted 347 will have no problem destroying that production block...the beauty of the game i guess....

Anthony

yes you will get alot more power out of it but it won't be as reliable. If you going any bigger you will have to get better heads and cam. And if you want a blower forget it. How about you take the 351 you have in that truck and built the **** out of that.

Dustin