I think I'm switching over to the 4.6 crowd...

I wish I could afford a cobra or mach, but it's not gonna happen. I saw an 07 Roush stage 3 at the dealership today and almost busted a nut, but for 54,000.00 they can keep it. For now it's gonna be a stock SOHC car, until I eventually do bolt-ons and all those goodies, and then finally a blower and some nice bumpsticks. I'm sure one day I'll get a 5.0 again, but right now as they age, they become more needy for upkeep, and I just can't do one justice at this point.

Oh, and woodrow, I'd rather eat a pile of dogchit than drive something with a bowtie on it.

• Sponsors (?)

My 8.8 has 3.73s in it, and is already converted to 5lug with axles from a 95V6, same with the brakes. Will that rear end bolt up to an '04? I'd love to have that rear under the car with the gears over the stocker. I think all the 8.8s were the same, but I could be wrong...

The axle housing on 94-98's was about 1.5" less wide than New Edge axle housings, IIRC. It's been awhile since I looked that stuff up but it's something to check into.

Enjoy the new purchase. :nice:

Hey man i understand where your coming from. i have a 90 LX that needs some work but i am more than welling to shed the money for it.. Parts really arent that much and it is paid for... You getting a new car is back to car payments and then trying to put parts on it... For what you will be paying total for the car you are looking at, you could prolly finish the 87 and have it done the way you want and the right way. I'm just saying that cause i have been down that road and it may be worth it depending on the way you look at it. but I'm not trying to talk you out of it but good luck either way you look at it

David:SNSign:

I loved my 00 GT Auto. I bought it in 2004 with 6,300 miles....drove it till 9,400 then sold it!!! That thing was clean when I got done and it moved!!! It would squak the tires shifting into 2nd and 3rd gear. It was 100% stock!!!! I MISS THAT CAR!!!!! 4.6L are great!!

Well, I signed the papers today. Here's the basics:
2004 Mustang GT 5spd 4.6L
Shadow Grey Metallic
Grey on grey interior
29,900 miles
ABS, 17" alloy rims, Mach 460 sound system with 6 CD in dash changer, power windows/locks/driver's seat/mirrors, remote locks, a/c, cruise control, passenger air bag, .
Billet HVAC knobs, E-brake handle, shifter ring, fuel door.
$17,7400 for the car
Lo-Jack for 695
Alarm for 300
quarter.jpg

interior.jpg

The pictures really don't do the paintjob justice.
So.... if any of you are interested in some parts for a fox, take a look at the cardomain link in my sig. There's a list, and everything but the gauges, rotors, and springs has got to go, and I'm selling less that what I paid retail. drop me an email with what you're interested in.
Rob

The 4.6 has lots of potential, it just doesn't get that grunt a 5.0 has without lots of help. More expensive to mod, and overall not quite as much potential as the ole pushrods, but still enough to be dangerous.

A new(er) car has it's plusses, a big carpayment has it's negitives, and those being in your bank account.

Those arent 04 wheels, I would ask them why it has wheels from a 99-00 car on it! And for $17K, you could have paied another $1k or $2K more and had a Mach with the same mileage... If you like it then good work and it will last a long time. Making it a sleeper will be a lot tougher, even the exhaust, SCed ones around me arent really that fast! One guy ran mid 12s and they all fell in love with his car, the rest high 12s low 13s on street tires!

KBB for the car in my area with that mileage is 18,699. The car is 20k miles under the expected mileage for the car of that year. I wish I could have found a Mach around here, but a nice sleeper GT is gonna be fun. I'm sure with some 3.73s, an eventual screw type blower like the roushcharger, and all the bolt ons, and I'm sure I'll be at or beyond where my car is now. I want a daily driver with all the comfort and some balls on the side.

About the wheels- those did come stock on some '04s.

Hmm I have NEVER seen anything newer than a 2000, maybe 2001 with those wheels. The 04s had wheels very similar to 99 Cobras, those or Bullitt styled ones. I could be wrong, but I am 99% sure they did away with those way before 2004.

As far as what the car is worth, my friend is actually selling his 03 GT with 28 or 29K miles on it, for less than that. redfire, 5-speed, tint, shifter, filter, SLP catback and 18" DD Bullitts. Also I am basically in your area (Unless your on the Cape, your 2 hours from me), and I have been shopping for Machs. A friend in MA had one with similar mileage for $16K (had reasons though), I found a 60K mile one for $13,900, and a few in the 18-20K range with low mileage. The insurance might be more, but a high 13 low 14 second GT gets trumped by a low 13 second Mach. Exhaust, gears and tires on the Mach and low 12s arent out of the question either.

Oh well, I hope you dont take this wrong, I know how nice it is to get a new car. If the car was what you wanted you will enjoy it, and a nice screw type blower and a good exhaust would be killer (BTW I think DD Bullitts on a lowered new edge looks MEAN)!

Very nice. I especially like the interior, very clean. The wheels did come with those cars, although it was somewhat rare. The Bullitts were more common. The 4.6 cars are much better daily drivers, enjoy!