I think my rings were shot!!!(pics)

• Sponsors (?)

Thats nothing LOL My friend took his motor out last night. He was doing a burnout one day and it made a really loud bang. It still ran, idled itself an all that stuff. Well he pulled the pan off the bottem to find a twisted up connecting rod with half the end cap still on it and about 5 pounds of metal chunks in the pan! It blew a hole right through the oil pan and the block. The bottom of the piston just exploded! I cant believe it still ran and still held good oil pressure. Im going to be getting pictures of the mayhem for you guys.

MAC'n89Blckstng said:
Thats nothing LOL My friend took his motor out last night. He was doing a burnout one day and it made a really loud bang. It still ran, idled itself an all that stuff. Well he pulled the pan off the bottem to find a twisted up connecting rod with half the end cap still on it and about 5 pounds of metal chunks in the pan! It blew a hole right through the oil pan and the block. The bottom of the piston just exploded! I cant believe it still ran and still held good oil pressure. Im going to be getting pictures of the mayhem for you guys.
OMG thats nutts

thats crazy. i had a 85 gt...odo stopped workin at 190k miles lol.....i was sprayin 100 to it with no probs. and we never had any problems. however, when i sold the car, the kid that bought got all the nos pills, told him to go back to 50 if hed never used nos before, he sprayed 150 to it, said it came alive for a min before it blew up lol. damn i miss that car

the rings look like they were excessively overheated which caused the rings to collapse and loose there spring i would look at the cooling system,fuel mixture plugs ect...or combination of all which caused excess heat which weakened the strength of the rings especially if your going with the same setup.

Well my brother beat the he!! out of the car. When it had about 300 miles on it he put a 150 shot on it. Also he never took care of it. Then it sat for about 10 years, then I pulled it out and beat it in tell I replaced the fuel pump and gave it a very great tune up. But after all this, its going to be like new. I hope.

Crank up the way back machine and take a trip with me... back in time about 30 years...

Not nearly as scary as pulling the jug (cylinder & head assembly) off an aircraft engine and having the rings fall out in pieces into the drip pan below the engine. The flight instructor pilot told me that was the engine they left power on when doing engine failure simulations during flight training. That meant that it was the engine providing the power to keep the airplane flying while they shut the other engine off...