Roush I Want A Saleen!!!!

T-Sho

Jul 31, 2006
I've always wanted a Saleen since the first SN95's came out back when I was in High School. They are only now starting to fall within my price range. Currently I'm driving an 03 GT with Roush Side Exhausts. It was my original plan to go with the Roush complete conversion but after contemplating the price of my next mod (the full body kit) I came to the conclusion that while I'm spending all this money why not just get what I've always wanted in the first place :shrug: Don't get me wrong I LOVE my GT :rolleyes: It has served me well for the past three years or so. But at the end of the day..........its still just a GT. :( So I'm trying to move up the stang hierarchy and are asking your guy's help. Here are a few questions I have:

1) How are Saleens (non-supercharged) classified under insurance policies? ARe they just considered GTs? Insurance is a b*tch as it is because I'm under 25.

2) How do I know if its a real Saleen? I know you can't go by the bumper sticker because they can be easily forged.

3) Do the N/As make good DDs? Currently I put about 400 miles on my car a week.

4) I guess most importantly, where can I look to find one?

The exact car I'm looking for is an 03 or 04 Black Saleen Coupe (Non-Supercharged). Any help you provide would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Any 96 and up S281 can be a daily driver, no problem. Supercharged or not.

Your insurance agent and insurance co. will only know it's a Ford Mustang GT by the vin number. Don't let anyone tell you Saleen has their own vin number becuase that's not the truth.

With that said, when you insure a Saleen Mustang you have a few choices. One, is just insure it as a GT like the vin reflects and pray it does not get totalled or stolen because your insurance co. will only give you a GT's value which will fall way short ro repair it or replace it.

Two, Get your insurance agent to insure it as a Saleen mustang if he/she is capable and be ready to have your premium go way up to reflect it.

Three, get some gap insurance or specialty insurance. Not exactly honest in your case as you will be using the car as a daily driver but if you can get one of those specialty insurance co.'s to insure it seperately you will save a lot of dough.

To verify it's a real Saleen make sure you can verify the actual vin number and call Patti at Saleen in Irvine. She will be more than happy over the phone to verify that it's an original car.

A supercharged car of those years will come with the series II or IV blower. While the series II blower is pretty antiquated for attempting mods the Series IV is much better. For the most part, the series II's are painted grey and the IV's black. The IV's respond to mods a bit better. A supercharged car will run around 5-6 thousand more than a non blown car.

If it were me I would save the money and buy a non supercharged car. When you get the itch and just can't stand it go out and purchase a Kenne Bell or Novi2000 if you are centrfi guy. Eitherway, you can go aftermarket and do better when it comes to the blower. Don't worry about wrecking the exclusivity either by going non Saleen on a blower install. Just save everthing so you can bring it back stock when it comes time to sell.

Check Autotrader. Ebay, www.performanceautosprt.com, Black's automotive for used Saleen mustangs. Don't be afraid to have to travel for the right car either.

Good luck on your search.

There are so many of the cars for sale b/c they built a ton of them. There are a lot of convertibles on the market because winter is coming and they would rather sell now than have the car sit in the garage and depreciate more over the winter while not being driven.

There are so many of the cars for sale b/c they built a ton of them. There are a lot of convertibles on the market because winter is coming and they would rather sell now than have the car sit in the garage and depreciate more over the winter while not being driven.

Well I live in Texas, winter for us in anything below 70 degrees :rlaugh: .