I was bored, so i made another teaser vid of my car.

• Sponsors (?)

GIMMIE REAL TIME ACTION VIDEOS NOW!!!!!

:fuss:

btw.. BB's in fox bodies.... :drool:

Attachments

• enginespeak.JPG
    enginespeak.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 136
thexrcist68 said:
looks awesome :nice:

btw, where did you get the parts for the conversion and did you buy them separately or as a kit, ive been throwing around the idea of doing that same swap and was curious about the best way to do it

I used to work at a mustang shop, so most of the swap parts are the FRPP swap ones. Mounts, oil pan, radiator are all ford racing. The serpentine setup is homemade, works great. Most everything else was just used over from the 5.0 or "modded" to work.

I plan to convert to EFI in the future:::

460ford.com forums said:
Making ford 5.0L Mustang electronics work on a 460 is easier than you might think.

You can use almost everything that's already there...including the harness, processor, chassis wiring, coil, guts from the distributor, TFI module, all the sensors, fuel lines, fuel pump, and so on.

Depending on what kind of power you're after and what you want to do about your hood, your choices for intake parts change. One thing is for sure...you'll be fabricating portions of the intake. You can use a carburetor base manifold, but injector bungs and the top hat that adapts an EFI throttle body to the carb intake will be fabricated. If this is a low-ish horsepower build, you could use EFI heads and an EFI intake with the factory fuel rails and regulator. Then, you'd fabricate your own sheetmetal box upper to adapt to an EFI throttle body. That would be the simplest possible solution, and it would be low profile as well.

You will need to pick injection parts (injectors, pump, lines) that meet your power requirements. You will have to size your Mass-Air meter so it can measure the airflow required and won't become a flow restriction.

You will need to plug a custom chip into the processor port, and you'll need someone to do a calibration for you to tell the 5.0 processor that it's a 7.5, as well as address injector firing order, turn off EGR, turn off the Thermactor, reshape the spark/fuel curves, and do all the other things to make the change seamless. You can even disable the use of oxygen sensors like I did. If you want help, contact me. I do this as a hobby/business. If you want to do it yourself, check out www.tweecer.com. I'll help you there as well...there needs to be more factory EFI 460's.

Take a look at my project car "Project Ludicrous Speed" on www.racesystems.com. It runs factory Ford EFI electronics. The foundation of the electronics is exactly like what you're doing; ignore the rest of the oddities.

No, you need to recalibrate the processor with a chip (simple, buy it and plug it in), or do it yourself with a product like tweecer (http:/ /www.tweecer.com). I'll help with either method for the asking.

They both use 60-pin EEC-IV connectors, so yes, the plugs are the same. However, the usage of all those pins are largely different...and the Mustang has more features than the 460 EEC-IV.

If you're starting with a 5.0 Mustang, you don't want the ECU from the 460. The EEC-IV truck ECUs (with few exceptions) are bank- fire injection and speed density with a single oxygen sensor monitoring both banks. The SEFI Mass-Air stuff in the 5.0 Mustang is not only more accurate, but yields better economy. These processors/efi systems are the best the EEC-IV had to offer. If you have the car, you most likely have the processor...so use it!

A bigblock fox is just evil. I love it. If the end of the world ever really happens, armegeden.... a fox with a bigblock will play some kind of role in it. :D Car looks wicked, just the bigblock fills the engine bay so well.