idel issue and something very scary

whyask

Apr 4, 2005
Sacramento
After driving for like 10 minutes, I come to a stop sign or light and stop, it sticks at 1000rpm and then drops to normal... WTF

Also When I rev above 4 grand and Im in first with the clutch on the floor the car moves slighty forward, now that worrys me alot....what could THAT be.

• Sponsors (?)

whyask said:
After driving for like 10 minutes, I come to a stop sign or light and stop, it sticks at 1000rpm and then drops to normal... WTF

Grease the TB cable

Also When I rev above 4 grand and Im in first with the clutch on the floor the car moves slighty forward, now that worrys me alot....what could THAT be.

Clutch is going out I think

whyask said:
Could be a number of things, sounds like the slow idle drop issue to me. So people use an IAC restictor plate, some use a hole drilled in the TB butterfly. Myself I SeaFoam, clean MAF, reset PCM, and then make sure I relearn the fuel trims properly per owner's manual. This usually fixes the problem.

whyask said:
Sounds like your clutch does not have the proper air gap when pushed in due to poor clutch cable adjustment. The stock setup is "self adjusting" and usually does not self adjust, yay Ford. I suggest you install an aftermarket clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster. I just installed the Fiore micro click and quad and I highly recommend it.

kilgore is there a way to adjust it without getting an aftermarket, all my funds are tied up in my KB venture, oh and I love SEAFOAM, used every 2grand on my last stang, works like a charm. I think i will smoke out my neighbors today

The only way to adjust the idle is with a computer. But yours does not need adjusting, it needs to drop more smoothly. Do a search for "hanging idle" or something like that.

And you seriously need to address your clutch air gap issue...

I bought the Fiore firewall adjuster and Fiore quadrant for ~$80 from 50Resto. It was an easy install but I did have to remove the driver's seat to accomplish it.

The Fiore Micro Click firewall adjuster is very highly recommended. I got the Fiore quadrant as well just to have a matched set but I think better quadrants are out there...