Idle problem

I have a 06 mustang gt stick shift and I accidentally let out the clutch too fast going from 3rd to neutral to make a turn and a I heard a big clank I thought my trans broke but I drove it the next day and it was fine but I realized that I usually shift from 2nd to 3rd to go 30mph and I would be driving at 30 mph at 1,500 rpms and after that little accident when I shift from 2nd to 3rd my car drives at 2,000 rpms I need to know what’s wrong to fix it

• Sponsors (?)

Does the RPMs go up in disproportion to your speed as you accelerate harder? This would indicate the clutch plate is slipping and you need to replace it. If not then there might be another issue.

Does the RPMs go up in disproportion to your speed as you accelerate harder? This would indicate the clutch plate is slipping and you need to replace it. If not then there might be another issue.
I’m sorry I don’t know what you mean by that but usually when I reach the speed limit I would shift up and then I would go whatever the speed limit is at 1500 rpms but now that I reach the speed limit and shift I have to go at 2000 rpms which makes me shift once more

The only way your RPMs can change with a manual transmission is if the cluch is slipping. Otherwise, there is a direct coupling of the engine and the rest of the drive train that will not allow the RPMs to change at any given speed in any given gear.