If the mustang GT is SOOO common...

SilverBullet00

Jul 5, 2004
Wichita, KS
THEN WHY CANT I FIND ONE TO BUY! Im trying to locate an 02-04 Mustang GT and have found only 1 with leather and a manual trans. Im trying to line something up so when the insurance money hits I can get something fairly quickly.

LINKY

Notice the lovely purple letter inserts and purple graphics on the side. Im told this can be removed with no problem. The thing that concerns me about this car is that the front bumper is pretty scratched up and the rear bumper has a nice little dent where it looks like it has been rear ended.

What do you think the chances of the dealership replacing the front and rear bumper covers? What would be a fair price for something like this?

I really dont want to settle on something that is crap. It has an SLP catback system as well...

let me know what you guys think!

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure about prices in your area (or the US for that matter), but...

I bought my mustang in Ottawa when it was 4 yrs old, had 68,000 Km on it and was absolutely mint mint mint (no winters, rain, showroom condition) and had some mods already done (3.73, headers, mid-pipe, catback) and I paid 16K CDN.

That price seems a little high to me.

That price is retarded. I'd be very lucky to get that for my vert with 40k on the odometer and a load of mods. You should be able to get one for 12-13k easy.

For $3K more, you can get a Mach. That GT is a ripoff for that price with that mileage.

Guess it probably depends on the area...but finding a Mach 1 is much harder to find then a similiar year GT and even I had a hard time finding a good mileage manual trans GT. Almost settled with a white one, because the combo was hard to find. Luckily the one I own came around shortly afterwards.

I always wondered if that year of mustang is rather hard to find right now because perhaps there are alot of people that don't care for the new Mustangs.

They are such good cars that noone wants to sell them :shrug: . LOL

Apparently the person who stole yours couldnt find one either and was like "HEY! ill just still this silver one! And wow it even has cams! Thanks buddy!" LOL.

Shoot man, I say skip the GT and get either a mach, or a 99-01 cobra. Sure you may have to make some small payments, but it would be worth it IMHO. Instead of building up another GT...its expencive to make these cars fast ya know.

I would love a 99-01 cobra or a mach 1. In fact there is a mach 1 here at a dealership but it has a cobra hood on it with the cobra anniversary wheels (not cool). I looked at it yesterday and you can tell it was in a front end collision; Its going for 18,650- if there was a mach in good condition like that I would totally buy it.

Ive looked in other states but havent found anything yet... So the 2002 seems like a waste even if I get it for around 13?

your problem is you are searching dealerships, you will get a much better deal and most likely a less shady car checking the local classifieds and Stang clubs.