If You Ever Break The Plastic Fan

Blackbox19

May 2, 2017
I some how ran over a stick or log or something that jumped up and slapped the bottom of the plastic fan shroud and it broke the ring around the fan blades. And when spinning it would catch and stop the fan from working.

I hate wasting and buying something I dont need. The motor was fine just the blade was broke. Took the whole fan out in about 5 minutes and noticed I could take the blade part off by sliding off the clip holding it on. Took the blade to a local U pull it and matched up a bunch of the same fans.

I found the crown vics have the same fan blades and the mercury version also. Same goes for V6 mustang cars. The housing and fan motors are different, but the plastic blade is the same.
So instead of a 50 buck part it was 7 bucks... Took almost no time as most of the fans were laying on the ground or in the back of the cars.
I straight wired the fan to a 70 amp relay that was also in that crown vic on the pass side engine bay.
Happy with how all turned out.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah and I noticed that the mustang fans all have a metal ball bearing stuck in it. I noticed it on mine when I pulled and thought it was something that got wedged in there somehow. But on the CV and GM cars there is no metal ball in them. Both motors had high and low speed so there should be no reason in it other than balance.. But not sure why one group had and another did not.