If you use a Superchips 1725 w/ Auto trany please take a look

oz

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2000
Plymouth, MI
Greetings,
I recently purchased a Superchips 1725 for my car and have a couple very basic questions about using it.

So I hook it up and load the 91 octane tune. Is that it - does the program modify the shift points and firmness or do I have to do that manually? Were you happy with the shift points/firmness that came with the tuner? If not, how hard was it to tweak them later?
If you change the shift points/firmness does that only apply at wide open throttle or part throttle as well? In other words, how does tweaking shift points/firmness in the tuner effect both WOT and part throttle shifting?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

hmmm... so if I bump a shift point up 10 mph, it is bumped 10 mph from stock regardless of if it's WOT or not? That sounds a little strange buy could make sense I guess.
So if I mess with the shift points, etc after I install the 91 tune and don't like them, can I go back to the canned 91 octane tune and start over?

Thanks for the reply!

Yea I have a Superchips Hand Held tuner and I maxed out all shift points and pressures! I also run performance tune which is 91-93 octane! I have 4.10's and when I get on it! it will spin second not just a lil chirp. But at partial throttle it shifts a little hard not a whole lot but enough to remind you! And you can go it and change your setting anytime you want! and Reload the tune.