I'm back- and I'm ready to mod :)

Linz

"I Love Seamen"
Founding Member
Jul 24, 2001
Northern Virginia
Hi new and old friends. Some of you may remember me, but I"ve been on this site for ages.
I took a break from cars for a while (go figure, I married a Ford mechanic... and we're now getting a divorce) but I missed my car, so I'm back, and starting to mod it.
Anyways, the GT is basically stock- just a prochamber and 1.5 inch drop on it right now. I have my appt to put in my 3.73s next month. Next up, short throw shifter and either aluminum driveshaft or UD pulley.
Here's the thing- My poor old car has 112K miles on it. Yes- it really IS a daily driver :)
So I'm guessing soon, I'll either have to do a rebuild, or drop in something new.
We'll see.

Anyways, no real point to my post. Just saying hi, and I'm back :)

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't worry about the mileage. Just be sure to keep up on the regular maintance, like shocks/struts, spark plugs, hoses, belts, fluids, ect. Seems like nothing can make a car feel tired and worn out like bad struts/shocks and a miss from old plugs. With regular maintance, these engines can last for a long long time, even with mods. Just think about all those taxi cabs and police cars with 4.6's that have over 400k miles!

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about rebuilding the engine or transmission unless you are looking for more than about 425rwhp. That seems to be about the limit of the stock bottom end. If you have other issues, then that is a completely different story.

agree on the mileage, mine was still running strong at 200,000.....I only swapped it out because the timing chains were getting more than a bit noisy and I got a screamin' deal on a brand new from Ford 2004 Mustang engine...you'll be fine for a few years yet ;)