IM done with this damn car!

SM0k3

Founding Member
Jun 3, 2001
La Palma, California
ok i had enough this stupid car ****ed on me again.....i was going to work and im in 2nd gear right before i get to the stoplight i heard the worst sound ever......

*clunk clunk clunk rattle clunk* :owned: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

yea so now it just clunks like chunks of metal are flying around in the tranny but only when i let off the clutch. ANyways just had it towed home and now im about to drop in a used tranny or get a rebuild and look for another car.(03 cobra, nissan 350z, or a small car with less cylinders lol)

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah they are painful little buggers aren't they... I know how youfeel as I was ready to collect some fire insurance on mine about a month ago...

Stick with it, once it is running right you will be soooo happy...

I feel you man! Every time I turn around my car is acting crazy. But with all that said I still love her, shes the light of my life(dont tell my girlfriend that though). If you do sell please get the 03 cobra, You will never be able to live with yourself if you get an import.

My T-5 did the EXACT same thing a few weeks ago. Only clunked and chunked when the clutch pedal wasn't pressed in. I was so freakin' pissed....I thought of getting rid of the piece. But I soon thereafter bought a reman. unit from Phoenix Hard Parts. When I put the new one in...... I was like "what was I thinkin?" I am so glad I didn't get rid of it. I also now have another T-5 to throw in my 5.0 Ranger when I get it rebuilt....

If I were you, I'd just rebuild it with G-Force internals..... alot cheaper!!! Good for 550 ft./lbs.!

Good luck with whatever you do!

yellow1995Cobra said:
Yea get a new tranny or 03 cobra, 03's are awesome :)
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

I was just thinking of you, right before I saw your post. I was thinking to myself, "some people learned how much it can really cost to mod a 10-year-old 5.0, and then decided to get an 03 Cobra instead" .... hahahaha....

But seriously, I do think it's a worthwhile suggestion to consider -- when you look at what you get with a stock Cobra, and what you can get for a few hundred bucks in mods, and then compare that to what it costs to get a '95 GT to the same level in all areas.... it's surprising. And difficult to get around the fact that the '95 is ten years old and showing its age.

But I do love my '95 still. I don't know if I could ever actually get rid of it. Maybe if I get my GT500 in yellow...

SM0k3 -- sorry I hijacked your thread a bit. Go out and pick up a TKO500 and be done with it. :shrug: You'll have to get one anyway if you're seriously planning on a turbo or KB -- the T-5 shifts real nice but unfortunately it's pretty weak, and you'll keep breaking it.

Dave

Yea, there was a period of a couple of years that everything seemed to be going wrong on the car... I had to decide that either I work through it and benifit at the end or get rid of her and get into something else. Personally, I am very glad to have kept her... she has survived being shipped to hawaii, florida, driving across country, the heat of las vegas, and the rain of seattle, and one bitter divorce.. of which she is all I kept. It becomes a matter of sentiment... and also, when I get to my mid life crisis, I'll already have the car!! :nice: :nice: :flag: Sorry for the long post, but I thought I'd share my experience.

AUcobra94 said:
If you do sell please get the 03 cobra, You will never be able to live with yourself if you get an import.
i loved my 03 cobra, but i'll tell ya, for being a measly bone stock 2.5L 4 cylinder, my daily driven import has more balls than many mustang gt's out there. aside from that, it handles like a dream with NO suspension mods whatsoever all while getting 20mpg. i have no complaints with my rice burner.

anyway, back on topic.....stick with the stang. you can expect things to go wrong every now and again. i mean c'mon, the car is 11 years old. you can have a tranny swapped in with about 4 hours worth of work and you will be back on the road loving the car again.

well i put the car in the shop today and i decided to keep it i was just mad....but there isnt nothing wrong with imports and i have no problem with getting one but not OVER my stang.....maybe along side but never OVER unless its a supra or WRX STi lol.

anyways im still planning on getting a 03 cobra withen the next year but for now ill keep this car.