Im Pretty New @ this. So i Need some help!

TheStang

Jan 29, 2004
Ok so I have a mustang 2000v6.. And I was thinking of doing alot to it.. So is there anything I shoyuld go for 1st?? on the enginge to the muffler..
This is what I had in mind..

i was thinking about going and get the true dual exhaust put on my car, with the flowmaster hooked up.. What that work? (Cost range if anyone has maybe an idead).. Then I was think with goin with k&n filters..

Im planning on keeping my car a long time, so im going to invest my mustang.. And push for its best for a v6.. Any advices??

Thank you For your help..

• Sponsors (?)

He said he's new...try elaborating just a tad.

First off, do you want to shoot for a supercharger or turbocharger setup eventually? Then decide what kind of budget you are looking at in the near future. If you can't drop more than $1,000 right now, just look into the standard boltons like underdrive pulley, cold air induction, dual exhaust, etc.. or keep saving for a bigger investment. Either way, once you decide exactly what you can/want to do, we can get ya started off the right way.

atlblue2000 said:
He said he's new...try elaborating just a tad.

First off, do you want to shoot for a supercharger or turbocharger setup eventually? Then decide what kind of budget you are looking at in the near future. If you can't drop more than $1,000 right now, just look into the standard boltons like underdrive pulley, cold air induction, dual exhaust, etc.. or keep saving for a bigger investment. Either way, once you decide exactly what you can/want to do, we can get ya started off the right way.

Thank you.. Im thinking of getting a super charge but not for a good while.. A few more things, When I go for the dual exhaust, Do I go wit 2 flowmaster each side or just one? I talked to 2 others and they both said different..
And one more thing, What do you guys mean when ur talking about getting different gears? Like that 4.10 that guy has??? And would it be good to invest in a Short shifter? (does that go wit chaning ur gears??))
And one other thing for now, what will the k&n do for the mustang 200v6?
Whats a good Intake to put on the stang? Ive seen alot of MAC intake.. whats that and is it good??? Thanks alot for ur guys help..

Any suggestions were I could get stuff like this equiped? Other then flow master.. (I need a place for gears)) thanks again

4.10 gears improve acceleration dramatically (hurts gas mileage slightly)
Short throw shifter = no horsepower, it just helps shift gears quicker (5 speed)
If it is an automatic this can be done with a torque converter
Exhaust-have a shop cut the Y pipe of and run true duals (this means to mufflers)
I have flowmasters and they sound good
Don't waste money on cold air intake or K&N filter, they =minimal horsepower

96redstang said:
4.10 gears improve acceleration dramatically (hurts gas mileage slightly)
Short throw shifter = no horsepower, it just helps shift gears quicker (5 speed)
If it is an automatic this can be done with a torque converter
Exhaust-have a shop cut the Y pipe of and run true duals (this means to mufflers)
I have flowmasters and they sound good
Don't waste money on cold air intake or K&N filter, they =minimal horsepower

OK thanks.. Ok can I aska question.. Say if I went and got 4.10s gears, How high could my car go? with out over straining it?? I dont go on freeway to much, but when I do I like going fast.. But the thought of acceleration id love that..