• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

I'm wheel retarded

  • Thread starter Thread starter CManT1914
  • Start date Start date Nov 18, 2004

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Nov 18, 2004
#1
  • Nov 18, 2004
  • #1
I need a new set of lugnuts cus mine are all mismatched, and one is crossthreaded. Do I need a certain kind, i.e. acorn, domed, mag, or should any of them work? I have 9" wide rims, should that matter?
 

HoofnIt

Founding Member
Jan 8, 2001
1,175
0
36
North Carolina
Nov 18, 2004
#2
  • Nov 18, 2004
  • #2
I'm assuming these would be for your Mach 1 wheels? If so, FRPP sells a set (20) chrome lug nuts that will probably work for all of their OEM wheels. You can purchase them online at Summit Racing. You might need a new wheel stud if the threads are jacked.
 

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Nov 18, 2004
#3
  • Nov 18, 2004
  • #3
HoofnIt said:
I'm assuming these would be for your Mach 1 wheels? If so, FRPP sells a set (20) chrome lug nuts that will probably work for all of their OEM wheels. You can purchase them online at Summit Racing. You might need a new wheel stud if the threads are jacked.
Click to expand...

Cool, I'll jump on them. The local tire store here is gonna replace my wheel stud, but it's cheaper for me to supply new lugnuts. Thanks bro!
 
X

xenophon

New Member
Nov 15, 2004
27
0
0
Nov 20, 2004
#4
  • Nov 20, 2004
  • #4
Same problem to me.
I got these great 18" saleen wheels from ebay and the lugs they've send i gues are not exactly matching. therefore i've had some siezed and not be able to take them out.
Now i have to brake the studs. I complaint to the company i bought the wheels from, but all they did is just some new lug nuts which are exactly the same. They said they've never had this problem before and they sell wheels for stangs everyday. Whatever.
Now i just have an extra set of lug nuts and locks, saying to be 1/2-20. I still don't know if they are the right ones. I anyone knows the the size of threads it should be i would appreciate.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
305-45-17 tires on Pony wheels (17")?
  • TTSaleen
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
762
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 25, 2026
TTSaleen
Rear Disc and Rims Offsets
  • TripleYellow
  • Nov 11, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 9, 2026
TripleYellow
Wheels???
  • WORTH
  • May 18, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
14
Views
847
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 28, 2025
WORTH
B
water pump installation questions
  • B0udreaux
  • Feb 5, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
38
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 28, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?