Administrative Image Orientation Cut / Paste

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
There are a couple of things you can do to fix the problem:

Replace your camera app

You could use an alternative camera app, like Camera+, instead of the iPhone’s built-in one. These apps tend to fix the pictures for you regardless of how you hold the phone. You'll just need to remember to use the alternate app when taking pictures.

Are you holding it wrong?

If you’re willing to hold your phone a certain way when you take pictures, then they will show up correctly. See the picture below. The phone’s round ‘home’ button is on the right side. This is the only way the iPhone knows how to take pictures without the rotation problem.

iphone-horizontal-png.572807.png

(If the home button is on the left, the picture will be upside down. This is a common trap when people press one of the volume buttons to take the picture.)

Now, look at the picture below. This is a very natural way that many people hold the phone when taking a picture, right?

iphone-vertical-png.572808.png

Unfortunately, if you hold it this way, the receiver of the picture will get it sideways. There’s that neck crooking again!

But, what if you really want the picture to be portrait instead of landscape? Then, you’ll need to use an alternate camera app or grab Rotate Mailer from the app store, so you can email those tall portrait shots the right way.

I should probably make this a sticky. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
Its an android phone but it all applies. I figured it out. The new pictures are with the phone oriented on its side.
Interestingly though, I posted the same pictures to SVT performance and they are oriented correctly after the upload. Same picture files. (the very first ones I took with the phone oriented up and down)

Its an android phone but it all applies. I figured it out. The new pictures are with the phone oriented on its side.
Interestingly though, I posted the same pictures to SVT performance and they are oriented correctly after the upload. Same picture files. (the very first ones I took with the phone oriented up and down)

This is one occasion where running a forum on old software is a benefit. V-Bulletin does not have the ability to check the orientation markers of the digital image. Our forum does so, whatever your device says is the image top is what Xeneforo will place at the top.