IMRC DELETES??? PLEASE READ

tama

Dec 27, 2003
San Jose, CA
I just recently installed my new rear end 4:30 gears. Now I'm thinking of cleaning my IMRC. Car has 84,000 miles on it. I bought it used at 42,000 and have never cleaned the kit. Now some people have suggested to me to remove the kit to take advantage of the extra horsepower it will give me and that my new gears would more than make up for the lost torque.

I want opinions from individuals who have had their IMRC kit deleted. Would this be a good or bad decision. I'm planning on either going with an autologic or diablo tuned chip as well.

What do you guys think??? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I deleted mine, and honestly it's not as bad as people make out. Granted you will lose low end torque, but you will gain more HP up top when and if you do delete them. If on the other hand you have gears, such as 4.30's, you will not notice the loss. I have 3.73's and didn't notice. But thats just me, others claim they can feel 5hp difference which I beg to differ! Also, if you have to clean them once, you will have to clean them again and again. Why not delete them? One last thing is gas mileage. I know that deleting them does not help your gas mileage, but this is something that is not as drastic as others make out too. :nice: