In need of a better spacer

OsirisGT

Nov 12, 2005
San Diego
Currently I have a 1/4 inch spacer on the fronts. It is not very good, just a cheap one that Mustang Tuning sent out with my wheels. I think it's one that will fit any car and any bolt pattern. So its almost impossible to get it centered and I get a little wobble in the steering wheel.

Does anyone one of one that can be centered or will fit directly over the bolts or anything? I can't seem to find any on the web.

Thanks for any info guys

• Sponsors (?)

Hi

I have the same problem with my 18X9 deep dish bullits from mustang tuning with steering wheel shake between 55-65 mph I also have the universal 1/4 inch spacer in front. I wasn't thinking the spacer was the problem? that maybe they still are out of balance, I'm going to take my car back and have them pull the two fronts off and rebalance them again to see if that solves the problem? If it doesn't then I will go the route you are by putting on the spacers that have the actual correct bolt patterns for Mustangs. My suggestion would be to try Pep Boys I hear they carry more options then just the universal spacers.

Good luck

I have had mine balanced 2 times as well. It helped a little but its not, at least I think, the problem.

Thats a good idea to go to a shop and see if they have or can order what I need, thanks. Sometimes I forget what life was like before the web, lol