In the market for exhaust...

• Sponsors (?)

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone has their own tastes, but IMO an H-pipe sounds better.

MAC Flowpath is my favorite cat-back.

I know Flowmasters have been overdone, and don't truely flow the best, but I still like them too.

I had Dr Gas x-pipe with Magnaflows. Not too loud but when you dropped the hammer it sounded pretty loud n awesome. Cops never bothered me.

It was a little too quiet in my opinion (probably bc all my other friends had really loud flow master exhaust haha) so I'm going to Magnaflow dumps.

Reactions: 1 user
I had Dr Gas x-pipe with Magnaflows. Not too loud but when you dropped the hammer it sounded pretty loud n awesome. Cops never bothered me.

It was a little too quiet in my opinion (probably bc all my other friends had really loud flow master exhaust haha) so I'm going to Magnaflow dumps.

This is the same setup i'm currently running, and to be honest running dumps didn't make much of a change. It definitely has better tone and overall sounds better with tailpipes IMO, i just couldn't stand the look of the Magnaflow tailpipes so i'm looking to get the LRS pipes.

I also love Mac with an X, and even though they're played out i love the sound of good old 2 chamber Flows but ONLY on an extremely rowdy car. You need some serious horsepower going through them to sound good.

This is the same setup i'm currently running, and to be honest running dumps didn't make much of a change. It definitely has better tone and overall sounds better with tailpipes IMO, i just couldn't stand the look of the Magnaflow tailpipes so i'm looking to get the LRS pipes.

I also love Mac with an X, and even though they're played out i love the sound of good old 2 chamber Flows but ONLY on an extremely rowdy car. You need some serious horsepower going through them to sound good.

Okay, good to know. I already have the dumps I got off of craigslist and the ones I have on there now are just too soft. The catback Magnaflow and x-pipe I had on my hatchback. Those are long gone. Thanks for the info!

Well i don't know about under $400, but you can't go wrong with an X pipe and Magnaflows.

That's with my current engine, a well cammed 347, and no tailpipes. The ones below are my old H/C/I 302 with tailpipes.
http://s229.beta.photobucket.com/user/EVIL85SSP/media/Mustang Pics and Videos/July132008exhaustclipfun.mp4.html
http://s229.beta.photobucket.com/user/EVIL85SSP/media/Mustang Pics and Videos/MagnaflowExhaustClip.mp4.html

/thread :nice:

Car sounds sick btw. What kind of cam you running? Sounds good.

MAC makes the Flowpath in a 'dump' version too.
Probably cheaper than a full tailpipe set too, if you are into dumps.

If you want to make your own setup, and you want a seriously free flowing exhaust, you can build around a pair of Dynomax Race Bullets.
My son has those on his 5.0.

If you want REALLY loud, then you want the SLP Loudmouth. Personally I don't like the sound though.

Car sounds sick btw. What kind of cam you running? Sounds good.

Thanks. It's an Anderson Ford Motorsports N-91.
N-91camcard.jpg

Attachments

• N-91camcard.jpg
    N-91camcard.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 280
What exhaust setup do you think sounds best on a bone stock 89 GT? Under $400 preferably. Nothing obnoxiously loud either.

Links appreciated!

i've been looking around for mufflers for my box stock 87. i like you don't want obnoxious loud and more improtant i don't want the drone.

so far i have come up with walker #22348 & # 22349. they are basically stock replacement mufflers. two different size cases is why the different part numbers for left and right muffler. i woudl think you would get no drone with these but it will be on the quiet side like stock..

the other one that seems to be getting good reviews are the dynomax VT mufflers. they are saying they are on the quiet side at idle and cruise speeds but when your're int he throttle they have a great sound and are louder. since they have a valve built inside them they do not have the drone from what i have read.

Here's a good example of how you DON'T want your car to sound, and how to act like a complete retard on rural streets in construction traffic.

That thing sounds like total crap IMO.