• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Inexpensive tiers for Saleen Replicas

  • Thread starter Thread starter caballo
  • Start date Start date Mar 31, 2005

caballo

I'm the bastard love child of a threesome gone awr
Jun 4, 2004
0
0
16
Colorado Springs, CO
Mar 31, 2005
#1
  • Mar 31, 2005
  • #1
Inexpensive tires for Saleen Replicas

265/35-18 and 295/35-18

Cheapest I've found is about 160 and 170, respectively. I think they're sumitomos.

Anyone able to recommend a source and/or brand?
 

Thundermouse

Member
Sep 17, 2003
168
3
18
Decatur, GA
Mar 31, 2005
#2
  • Mar 31, 2005
  • #2
www.tires.com
www.tirerack.com
www.tiresavings.com
 

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
3,026
1
0
Daytona bch, Florida
Mar 31, 2005
#3
  • Mar 31, 2005
  • #3
caballo said:
265/35-18 and 295/35-18

Cheapest I've found is about 160 and 170, respectively. I think they're sumitomos.

Anyone able to recommend a source and/or brand?
Click to expand...



Not bad, where did you find these prices?
 
T

Tommy 00GT

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2000
122
0
0
Bay Area, CA
Mar 31, 2005
#4
  • Mar 31, 2005
  • #4
I bought 2 brand new 295/35/18 bfgoodrich comp t/a from tirerack at $119 ea 2 weeks ago. They were cheap because they were discontinued.
 

Jones331

Banned
Oct 2, 2004
142
0
0
Oakland CA
Mar 31, 2005
#5
  • Mar 31, 2005
  • #5
Tommy 00GT said:
I bought 2 brand new 295/35/18 bfgoodrich comp t/a from tirerack at $119 ea 2 weeks ago. They were cheap because they were discontinued.
Click to expand...


I had two questions for you first I live in Oakland so can you hook up another set of those tires? Second how do you like the bilsteins with the c spring's I ran mine with Steeda sprigs?thanks............jj
 

Gearbanger 101

Straight Outta Locash
20+ Year Stangneter
Aug 10, 2002
9,457
1,377
234
Ontario, Canada
Mar 31, 2005
#6
  • Mar 31, 2005
  • #6
When I priced out tires for my 18x9's, I think Falkens ended up being one of the cheapest.....but they were no where near $160-$170 a tire. I'd jump on it if I were you!
 

caballo

I'm the bastard love child of a threesome gone awr
Jun 4, 2004
0
0
16
Colorado Springs, CO
Mar 31, 2005
#7
  • Mar 31, 2005
  • #7
OinkAodeOink said:
Not bad, where did you find these prices?
Click to expand...

I was a little off on the prices but close enough.

Here:
http://www.wheelreplicas.com/tires.htm
 

Gearbanger 101

Straight Outta Locash
20+ Year Stangneter
Aug 10, 2002
9,457
1,377
234
Ontario, Canada
Mar 31, 2005
#8
  • Mar 31, 2005
  • #8
caballo said:
I was a little off on the prices but close enough.

Here:
http://www.wheelreplicas.com/tires.htm
Click to expand...
Nice ......but too bad they don't have a wider selection of sizes.
 

caballo

I'm the bastard love child of a threesome gone awr
Jun 4, 2004
0
0
16
Colorado Springs, CO
Mar 31, 2005
#9
  • Mar 31, 2005
  • #9
Yup... Good enough for me, though...
 

tomustang

Psychotic Member
Founding Member
Jun 8, 2000
3,434
2
78
McLean Hospital
Mar 31, 2005
#10
  • Mar 31, 2005
  • #10
Don't buy the sumitomos. I can thank them for my loss.
 

caballo

I'm the bastard love child of a threesome gone awr
Jun 4, 2004
0
0
16
Colorado Springs, CO
Apr 1, 2005
#11
  • Apr 1, 2005
  • #11
esplain, please^^
 

seany425

New Member
Aug 18, 2004
90
0
0
Apr 1, 2005
#12
  • Apr 1, 2005
  • #12
i dont kno if this helps, but i have falkens on my car they were an awesome deal and are ranked higher than alot of the more expensive brands...couldnt be happier with them
 

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
3,026
1
0
Daytona bch, Florida
Apr 1, 2005
#13
  • Apr 1, 2005
  • #13
seany425 said:
i dont kno if this helps, but i have falkens on my car they were an awesome deal and are ranked higher than alot of the more expensive brands...couldnt be happier with them
Click to expand...

did you find that the falken tires run a little more narrow then most?
265x35 and 255x35x18's run super tight on real Saleen wheels ( 18x9's) I do know that. They give the no sidewall apereance, and expose the wheel to curb damage. These were the Falken Ziex? 512 I believe. So if your running saleen replicas or the real deal.. Ide recomend a tire larger then the 265x35 or 255x35 (Falken tires that is)
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
348
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
D
Rockers, lash adjusters and timing: help with parts (4.6 2v)
  • dvigAtel
  • Nov 1, 2025
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
0
Views
321
Other Auto Tech Nov 1, 2025
dvigAtel
D
What's your tow rig?
  • LILCBRA
  • May 31, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
241
Other Auto Tech May 31, 2026
LILCBRA
SN95 Desktop 363 Engine Combination - Looking for input
  • WhiteCobra95
  • Sep 8, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 6, 2025
Habu135
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?