infinity reference subs and MTX boxes

Saleen4971

Mar 26, 2003
Setauket, LI
are they alright? i was thinkin of buyin 2 12" infinity reference 1230w's, and an MTX dual 12" box. is a q-logic worth the extra $20? or is MTX fine? its made of particle board, should i go with the q-logic's MDF? im looking to put 225 watts into the subs, the reference is 50-300 RMS, so it should be ok. how do they sound? is the kappa worth the extra $$$?

• Sponsors (?)

I'd go with the MDF. Particle board isn't the best stuff to use for sub boxes, especially if it gets wet. How much are you spending for the subs? I'd personally go with the Kappas. If you're going with a sealed box, they are really easy to do yourself. For materials, it's only like $30, if that. You can be sure it's sealed properly and built to the right volume. Most pre-fab boxes aren't braced, also, so that is one thing that will add rigidity to your box.

i think im gonna gow tih kappa perfect 12.1's i fodfunt hem for like, 138 each online, and ill get an MDF box for em.

antoher question.....if i have subs in seperate enclosures, and ones in phase, and the other is out, willt hey both hit the same? willt eh out of phase one hit as hard?

You might notice a little increase in bass if you reverse the phase of one sub. It really depends on the car, though. You also might get a tremendous amount of cancellation. Just experiment. It only takes a minute to switch a couple of wires, and it shouldn't take long at all to notice a difference.