Fuel injectors

• Sponsors (?)

question i want to go from 19lb to 24lb injectors i have 87 mustang gt no mas do i need one? installing 70mm throttle body also
Sure you can.
But should you? Your only gain will likely be an ill running car at best, swap in a MAF, now that's a good idea.
For more info on what you can do go here:

Reactions: 1 user
question i want to go from 19lb to 24lb injectors i have 87 mustang gt no mas do i need one? installing 70mm throttle body also
What sort of mods do you have that require more fuel flow? Aftermarket cylinder heads, intake manifold, cam, or stroker crank? A 70 MM TB won't make any difference without one or more of the items in the list. The engine is a air pump: unless it pumps more air, it does not need more fuel.

Speed Density uses Manifold vacuum (MAP), Throttle position (TPS) and RPM, & Air Temperature (ACT) to guess how much air the engine is pulling in. Then it uses all of them plus the O2 and ECT sensors to calculate the air/fuel mixture. It is dependent on steady manifold vacuum and minimal changes in airflow from the stock engine configuration to maintain the proper air/fuel ratio. Change the airflow or vacuum too much and the computer can't compensate for the changes, and does not run well. Forget about putting a supercharger, turbocharger or monster stroker crank in a Speed Density engine, because the stock computer tune won’t handle it. Every time you seriously change the airflow through the engine, you need a new custom burned chip to make the engine run at peak performance.

Mass Air uses a Mass Air Flow meter (MAF) to actually measure how much air is being pulled into the engine. The computer uses this information and inputs from the O2, TPS, ACT, ECT, RPM and Barometric Pressure (Baro) sensors to calculate the proper air/fuel ratio. It is very tolerant of changes in airflow and vacuum and tolerates wild cams, high flowing heads, and changes in displacement with minimal difficulties. Just remember that large changes in airflow require more fuel than the stock fuel system can deliver. At that point, you will need larger injectors and a larger fuel pump to make the engine run like it is supposed to. Larger injectors can be used with either an aftermarket calibrated MAF or a custom dyno tune. This makes it possible to use the stock computer with engine displacements from 302-408 cu in, and make many modifications without a custom dyno tune chip. Put a new intake manifold on your 331 stroker and the computer figures out how much more fuel to deliver without having to have a new chip burned to accommodate the extra airflow.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Sure you can.
But should you? Your only gain will likely be an ill running car at best, swap in a MAF, now that's a good idea.
thanks for the input i really dont
Sure you can.
thanks for the info. i really dont know much about the car.it was my brothers car he passed away 3yrs ago. and he was to sick to tell me anything about it.
i do know it has nitrous bbk headers cai.he did say at one time before he got sick that car could do low 11s. trying to find out best way to do upgrades thank you for your advice