Installed a Intake and TB and i got problems!!!Please HELP????

sliver02GT

Feb 18, 2004
ok i installed a accufab intake and a 75mm TB today, everything went on good, idles fine, but the car is slower, i ran a 14.0 at 99mph before the tb and intake and today i ran a 14.2 at 97mph, now does anything need to be set on the car or what do i gotta do, cause this is no good

PLEASE HELP!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

AZZKCKR98 said:
Typically a throttle body that large on a N/A car is going to hurt not help
seriously, after seeing matt's tests on modular depot with a 75mm t/b you are going to say its the t/b that hurt performance? :bs:
bestaccuvstock.jpg

Either there is an issue with the tps, or there is a vacuum leak.. Check for leaks and then use a hose clamp.. Also did you reset the computer?

wms004 said:
seriously, after seeing matt's tests on modular depot with a 75mm t/b you are going to say its the t/b that hurt performance? :bs:
Either there is an issue with the tps, or there is a vacuum leak.. Check for leaks and then use a hose clamp.. Also did you reset the computer?

Im with him even on C & L's website they show you the difference between a 75mm vs. 70mm. You get more with the bigger one. I dobut that the weather conditions were the same. I'll bet that's you diff.

00VERT GT said:
jesus you guys read BOTH tests. The 70mm showed LARGER gains over stock than the 75mm.

75mm = 6.31rwhp 6.88 rwtq

70mm = 7.94 rwhp 7.6 rwtq

That's only a difference of 1.63 HP. Do you really think 1.63 HP will net you 2 tenths and 2 mph???

That's not realistic. If you can find someone who can "feel" the difference in 1.63 HP, then I have a pea you can hide under their mattress...

Matt

Oh, just make sure everything was installed correctly, and you'll be fine. You don't have to "adjust" the TPS.

00VERT GT said:
jesus you guys read BOTH tests. The 70mm showed LARGER gains over stock than the 75mm.

the baselines are different though, so it's hard to compare.
the baselines are -very- different.

75mm dyno'd a final : 272.38 RWHP 310.42 RWTQ
70mm dyno'd a final : 264.61 RWHP 297.03 RWTQ

doesn't that say something too? :shrug:
that's a large difference.

00VERT GT said:

HOLY Buddha 00VERT, Maybe peak numbers aren't everything. Some plenums did better in the entire RPM band but lower peak numbers. (i.e. Dragon).
Matt chose to keep the 75mm on his car after testing the 70mm for a reason.

-wade

Post both of the complete slips.

Weather conditions also come into play, plus how long it takes you to shift.

You're not going to break records every time you run.

I went with the Accufab 70mm TB to avoid this issue on my 'basically stock with simple bolt ons' 02 GT. But you shouldn't have lost power...? How does it feel to drive it? You should feel a nice increase above 3K, even in 4th gear. Ck for vaccuum leaks, as prescribed above. Also, did you use the new gaskets? Did you reset the computer? If you can't find the issue, simply remove it and reinstall.