Installed grill delete today, quick question.

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I got my grill delete and chin spoiler from mustangtuning today.

Anyway, i installed the grill delete first. Install was easy. Took me about 20 mins and the most time was spent with those 4 7mm bolts on the stock grill.

Anyway, the bottom black panel had a good deal of 3m tape on it, so it stuck fast to the bumper and was nice and flush. I finished the install and it came out great.

reading some posts tonight, i found the install article showing to cut the 4 7mm bolts and unstall them under the bumper into the lower panel. I didn't even think of that nor did i think it was easy to do. I now realize i can take the headlights out and do it.

My question is, do i NEED to do it? It's tight with the 3M tape now, but will it loosen up over time? SHould i just spend the time on the weekend putting those 4 bolts and spacers in as a backup? What did you guys do?

I plan on installing the chin spoiler tomorrow if it stops raining.

• Sponsors (?)

You will be alright. :D
When i did it,like you already said,i cut the 4 bolts that held the original grille on,and trimmed the "4 locater pegs" of the mach 1 delete kits lower panel a little so the 4 screwes will tighten against the bumper cover :) .

But you should be alright.If the 3M tape decides not to stick no more,just use the four 7m bolts to hold the part of it on!! :nice:

Mustang5L5 said:
I got my grill delete and chin spoiler from mustangtuning today.

Anyway, i installed the grill delete first. Install was easy. Took me about 20 mins and the most time was spent with those 4 7mm bolts on the stock grill.

Anyway, the bottom black panel had a good deal of 3m tape on it, so it stuck fast to the bumper and was nice and flush. I finished the install and it came out great.

reading some posts tonight, i found the install article showing to cut the 4 7mm bolts and unstall them under the bumper into the lower panel. I didn't even think of that nor did i think it was easy to do. I now realize i can take the headlights out and do it.

My question is, do i NEED to do it? It's tight with the 3M tape now, but will it loosen up over time? SHould i just spend the time on the weekend putting those 4 bolts and spacers in as a backup? What did you guys do?

I plan on installing the chin spoiler tomorrow if it stops raining.

R U Going to Fun ford weekend? I am going this sunday. I can show u how i installed minez

Mr GT 02 said:
R U Going to Fun ford weekend? I am going this sunday. I can show u how i installed minez

If i do go, it most likely will be Saturday. I have a personal engagement sunday.

Well, i guess i'll leave it as is. I drove it in the rain last night and it sat in the sun today and the 3M tape is still holding it nice and flush.

If it starts to get loose, i'll pull it off, re-3M tape it and use the 4-screws.

I've been looking at the grill delete kit.

One part of the instructions is to "carefully remove both headlight assemblies".

Does this mean you need to remove the headlights?

I really love the grill delete, but don't want to start removing part alot of parts.

Thanks

Mustang225 said:
I've been looking at the grill delete kit.

One part of the instructions is to "carefully remove both headlight assemblies".

Does this mean you need to remove the headlights?

I really love the grill delete, but don't want to start removing part alot of parts.

Thanks

The reason you remove the headlights is to perform the step i did NOT do, which is screw the 4 screws into the bottom of the grill trim.

The 3M tape is holding fine so i guess there is no need.

It took me 20 mins to install my grill. Very easy to do. Just make sure you have a 7mm wrench beforehand