Installing 99 01 cobra tail lights.

mustang462002

Mar 13, 2007
Please Help Can't Install 99 01 cobra tail lights.

So I just bought a set 99 01 cobra tail lights. I was wondering how do I install them. I heard kar kraft made a kit a while back. But I cant find it. Have any of you guys done it. I researched but the guide is a bit vague. I found the module I need but I'm still uneasy about hacking my harness. I hope at least one of you has done this.

Thanks a lot!
Art

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry about that. I should have read the details more carefully. I don't think there is anything special in the "kit", nor will you need a different flasher. You will have to cut and splice some wires located behind the left side cowl panel to separate the turn and brake light signal paths. Otherwise, both amber turn signals will turn on every time you step on the brake pedal. When I installed sequential turn signals, I rewired my brake lights to move them to the locations where your turn signals will be (lower outboard position).

We did this on a friend of mines car. if the bulbs are not included in the tail lights you will need to buy a cobra taillight harness from ford (thats what I used and you can cut two of the bulbs off since the cobra tails have turn signals)A cobra flasher that goes under the dash replacing the GT or V6 flasher and follow the instructions on mustangworld for the install. Pretty easy!!!!

We did this on a friend of mines car. if the bulbs are not included in the tail lights you will need to buy a cobra taillight harness from ford (thats what I used and you can cut two of the bulbs off since the cobra tails have turn signals)A cobra flasher that goes under the dash replacing the GT or V6 flasher and follow the instructions on mustangworld for the install. Pretty easy!!!!

about how much would the harnesses and the flasher cost. i have a set of tails too that i havent installed