Installing clutch, NEWB Need Help!

FiveOhhStang

Jan 27, 2003
Sanger, Cali.
Alright, question, the Throwout bearing goes onto clutch fork, but wants to slide off, it will alright once the tranny is in since it will keep it in place right? Also, the position on the Throwout bearing is like as follows right? The small lip ring slips on the clutch fork(which it keeps sliding off of), and the bearing part faces the pressure plate and is suppose to press in the pressure plate fingers right? Any easy way to get enough slack to put the cable on the fork? I wanna make sure im doing this right, so bascially my biggest problem right now, is how the bearing is suppose to go, and if the sliding off of the bearing will be solved when the tranny is in place or not, HELP ASAP! PLEASE & THANKS! :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

that part that spins around contacts the pressure plate and pushes against the pressure plate fingers.

Slide the throwout bearing so that the other end of the t/o bearing lip goes under the lip of the clip on the clutch fork. Don't get this wrong. you've got the t/o bearing clip on the clutch fork that holds the t/o bearing, the bearing end slides under that clip.

when the transmission is installed, the input shaft from the transmission slides through the center of the throwout bearing, then through the center of the pressure plate, through the center of the clutch disc, and the tip of the tranny shaft goes into the pilot bearing, then it's all bolted down to the bell and tranny x member, so the throwout bearing essentiall gets locked in place around the input shaft bearing retainer. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the shaft coming out of the tranny, then where that shaft meets the tranny, it has that flange, which is the bearing retainer, the bearing slides around that and essentially doesn't move except around.

If you need help, don't be shy, call me at 714 926 0232. i've got an extra t5 in the garage, and I can upload a picture of how the bearing sits on the clutch fork. However, If you need this, I''m working till midnight ca time, so it's gonna be a while.--Jeremy