Installing window motors?

billison

I like tinted tail
15 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
Ok, i just got my window motors for my car, the car came with power windows but newer doors were installed that had manual windows, anyway will i have any problems installing the motors in the new doors?

• Sponsors (?)

Remove the door mounted speaker & the upholstery panel to gain access to the motor. There are 3 screws (5/16" hex head, I think) that secure the motor in place. Remove them and the motor comes out without any problems. Once you remove all the screws from the motor, and it falls away from the gear teeth on the arm for the glass, the glass will move up and down. You may need a helper to hold the glass once the motor screws are out, since the gear on the motor holds the glass from sliding up or down

The motor is the same for left side or right side, only the gearboxes are different. If you can't find the complete assembly for the side you want, you can get either side and use the old gearbox on the new motor.

yeah i know how to take one out, the doors did not come power and i'm going to have to take out the manual parts and put in the power parts...thanks though