Intake and stupid fuel system question

Alright, well I feel pretty dumb for asking this question, but I'm not really sure. Well as some of you may know, or may not, I'm in the middle of piecing together a motor for my car. I was looking at fuel system parts and was wondering can I use a inline fuel pump or must i get a 255 or 195 in-tank fuel pump? I'll be running a minimum of 42lb injectors.

As for the intake question, right now my parts list is DSS 306 probullet shortblock with AFM B41 Cam and Edelbrock Victor Jr Heads 60cc.
The car will also be running my vortech v-2 with the AFM power pipe. What intake do you think I should run? I was looking into the trickflow r series intake. Just wondering what some gurus thought a good intake for this mainly street but partial strip car would be.

• Sponsors (?)

For forced induction I would run both an inline and upgrade your fuel tank pump. Something like a 255 in the tank and a 190 T-rex in line would work well for you. You may be able to get buy with a high pressure 255 but I'd call Vortech and ask them.

The Professional Products manifold is crap made from China. Its a copy of the Eddie RPM EFI manifold. You will have to do some work on the castings (I would) to clean them up. Seeing as how you have a cowl hood, I'd look real hard at an Edelbrock Victor 5.0 manifold, or a Holley Systemax 2 manifold. A regular Cobra would probably get you there but you would have no room to go. I vote Holley Systemax 2.

Adam

Thank you, and by high pressure 255 do you mean intank 255? It already has a 190 t-rex inline fuel pump.

I'll look into those intakes. I'm trying to find a good intake that makes good torque/power down low and still pulls to redline. It seems like the higher end intakes are for 2500-7500 RPMS which the car will prolly never see more then 6500 RPMS.

i have a walbro in-tank 255 and 42#ers

in my opinion, having both an in-tank and an in-line is overkill and unnecessary. then again, in a blown application, it is better to have too much fuel than not enough. :cheers:

and i agree on the intake. i actually have a pro products intake, and i'm sure it is keeping my power down. but i am not racing it and my build is also about having some bling which i have with this because it is polished.

i also vote holley because that has been shown to give both good low rpm power and it will keep up at the top end too

Thank you, and by high pressure 255 do you mean intank 255? It already has a 190 t-rex inline fuel pump.

I'll look into those intakes. I'm trying to find a good intake that makes good torque/power down low and still pulls to redline. It seems like the higher end intakes are for 2500-7500 RPMS which the car will prolly never see more then 6500 RPMS.

Walbro In-tank, high-pressure Fuel Pump Specs

Check it out, describes standard versus high pressure pumps from Walbro. For power adders the high pressure is ideal. A Naturally Aspirated engine would be fine with a standard pressure pump.

Adam

I agree with Adam on the two pumps :)

I myself run the high volume NOT the high pressure pump

The PP intake is just as Adam said ... a copy of Edel's RPM
which I might add
I run one of the original Eddy RPM's myself

I've been very happy with my RPM :Word:

As for combo part choice on a Forced Induction setup

The parts are not as critical as on a NA since the mixed is crammed
down the motor

Not saying you would not benefit from the best flowing part :nono:

Just tryin to keep things real ... if you know what I mean

Poor Boys ... Like Me :D

Who can't afford any pressure other than what Mother Nature provides

Well ... we gotta be a bit more careful with part selection ;)

Grady

I run the Holley Systemax 2. Whether or not it is the best flowing intake or not is arguable, but the key advantage is the gaskets. It uses all Ford factory production gaskets, which means if you need to change the gaskets on it, the local parts store has them in stock. With an Edelbrock or Trick Flow, you have to wait to get gaskets shipped from Summit or something like that.

Kurt