Intake change on non mass air car ??

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
What changes if any can i make to the intake on a 87 speed density car and it still run fine , I have heard you can do anything basically but change cam , injectors and such , question is , can i put an edelbrock RPM intake and bigger TB etc . or even different heads and it still run fine . trying to build a fast stocker .

• Sponsors (?)

probably going to do full lengths ,electric fan , pulleys , AC delete , offroad hpipe , flowmasters catback , 430s , DRs , good clutch and quadrant , subframes , control arms and weld up torque boxes , remove sway bar , 14 degrees of timing , tweak the throttle position sensor . lighten the car up some , already has welds on it . running eighth mile if i do an intake , would it even be worth it ?? and what kind of times (eighth mile) would i get out of this ??

1/8 mile...

Whooow, thats great ! Good thing to hear that someone do all the important stuff first !!! Try doing all other hot stuff first, and THEN, if you got money left, try the intake change and so on. Then you would see how important the suspension, chassi, control arms etc are. If the engine runs fine, your 1/8 mile time could bee around 8.7-8.85 sec..? (1/4 mile, high 13 s ) YOUR Smart :nice:
(PS, .. my stock 200HP engine goes steady 9.1 sec 1/8 miles, and I started with all the other hot stuff. NOW my car is ready for the H/C/I swap. Trick Flow engine kit in my garage... GOOD LUCK )

Nice list :nice:
As for the intake though, if you really want to benefit from the bolt on, I would consider saving up for the heads and intake swap at the same time. You're probably not going to be overly impressed with just the intake swap alone.