Intake Manifold finally cracked

d98gt

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
SE Texas
Yep, it finally happened. The plastic intake is now gone.

My question is what do i do now? Do i go aftermarket? Should i just replace it?

Which would be better for the price range?

Please fill in with ANY info you have.

• Sponsors (?)

When mine went I replaced it with the NPI intake that has an aluminum runner. But since then new developments have come to light with the PI intake (with aluminum runner) providing more hp. If I had to do it all over again I would spend the few extra hundred dollars and get the PI version. It's still cheaper than the Bullit version.

I can't remember what I paid for mine (NPI /aluminum runner). But it was less than $290.00. Ford wanted about $400.00 but I got mine from Randy Stinchcomb on the Modular Depot site.

I did the labor myself.

d98gt said:
Im getting mine installed for FREE, though could you shoot me a pm about the less than 290 :nice:

I'll check with Randy on Modular Depot and see how much they are going for these days. As a Ford parts manager, he can usually get us pretty good deals.

d98gt said:
COuld you inform me more about the PI intakes... What else would be needed?

As far as just a intake, i figure i only need the gaskets... is this true?
Do a search for PI Intake Parts List. You should get the thread that lists all the parts. You can also geta PI intake for 189 from GEF Racing. That's where I got mine.

You need more than just the intake. YOu need the new water tube, T-stat O-ring and alternator bracket. I think that's the MAIN parts. They say you need a new water nipple, but I didn't. They also say a water pump seal, but if your not replacing the nipple, you don't need that either.

The intake will match up to my engine and such?

Any step-by-step sites that you know of?

Sorry for the rather stupid questions, though i wasn't really planning on this to happen, since when i got the car it was already replaced (with another plastic one).

So for about $250, i can get the intake + the parts, and have everything taking care of?

Thanks for the help :nice:

Here is what I used

Used PI intake $75
WP nipple (only used new o-rings) $6
Gaskets $6 (2)
coolant tube (overcharged) $30
gasket maker $7
Coolant $7
T-stat O-ring $5

Think that was it.....I reused my stock altenator bracket...couldn't figure out how the new one went....