Service Provided Interested?

Fast Ronald

Sep 13, 2020
Illinois
I will begin to build an adjustable Rear Shock Tower Brace. I have been told the various years of Fox bodies have differences of distances between the shock towers. This is where they meet the trunk floor. My idea will allow you to adjust the brace to your car, and use a lock nut to secure the length. Two 3/8" Grade Eight bolts secure the brace in place. Two holes need to be drilled, It will include all fasteners the brace sections and decal in a box. Projected cost is $55.00 to $60.oo shipped to your door. As I am able to build them faster/cheaper the cost will be reduced. :D

• Sponsors (?)

that sounds cool. one of my projects is to design, and create one for my Lincoln Mark VII. i would tenf to think, if you build one including it, you would cover all foxbodies under it. seeing as it had the widest rear track of the foxbodies, if i remember correctly. that's if that info is even relevant to your idea.

that sounds cool. one of my projects is to design, and create one for my Lincoln Mark VII. i would tenf to think, if you build one including it, you would cover all foxbodies under it. seeing as it had the widest rear track of the foxbodies, if i remember correctly. that's if that info is even relevant to your idea.
Hello......I had been building them for MN - 12 Thunderbirds/Cougars. The Mark is very similar except the braces mount to the top on the shock tower with studs the factory placed there. I can easily build one for your car. Either from the distance from shock tower/trunk floor junction, I would need the distance/width between them. I sold my last Super Coupe a year ago.......have no test car to get the measurement. or build one as I would for the MN - 12 and you can drill mounting holes to align with the factory studs there. $60.oo shipped. if you are on SCCOA.my ad is still up in the parts offered section.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello......I had been building them for MN - 12 Thunderbirds/Cougars. The Mark is very similar except the braces mount to the top on the shock tower with studs the factory placed there. I can easily build one for your car. Either from the distance from shock tower/trunk floor junction, I would need the distance/width between them. I sold my last Super Coupe a year ago.......have no test car to get the measurement. or build one as I would for the MN - 12 and you can drill mounting holes to align with the factory studs there. $60.oo shipped. if you are on SCCOA.my ad is still up in the parts offered section.
will definitley get some measurements, and we can go from there. not a member on sccoa, but definitly on tccoa. will check out your work.

will definitley get some measurements, and we can go from there. not a member on sccoa, but definitly on tccoa. will check out your work.
Ok...was on TCCoA as well..have not been there is some time. I was on the good sellers page on SCCoA..most likely on page 5 or 6 now. I have the only aluminum engraved TCCoA Illinios chapter plate frame and a plastic one as well.

I may modify my MN - 12 braces to fit Fox bodies as a bolt in as well.

Attachments

• rbs.jpg
    rbs.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
OK.......I will post pics of my newest and best idea yet for a rear brace in January. I need to build a welding template tp keep them all within the specs required. painted brackets....aluminum bar rather than steel.