Interesting article in MM&FF this month

• Sponsors (?)

Of course, I don't believe any real measurements are ever taken below 2500 are they? This is the area that most people spend the most time in on the street.

Putting around town, I shift around 3-3.5K and cruise between 2200-2700. I think a starting point of 2500 is fair, but I guess everybody's driving habits are different. :shrug:

Maybe a blind test like GM performed on the pushrod vs quad cam debate.

I was not aware of this. Linky?

Have them do a classic road and track review and see which one would be more enjoyable as a cruiser.

I would put money on the milder combo to be more "street friendly."

Eh, any test like that is so subjective. It really comes down to who is behind the wheel.

Also, I think you could cam that "hot" engine so mild, you could barely tell it was even running at idle, and yet with the "big" heads and intake it would scream past the GT40 combo. Think big lift, short duration, short overlap.

Now, seeing that I can't read the article yet, Did they simply swap cylinder heads and leave the same restrictive intake on?

They used the Funnel web for the 363, but some junk ProComp dual plane for the 302.

When Ed Curtis was designing the cam for my old engine he actually recommended a set of Trick flow 260's. HE also guaranteed that the engine would make 600rwhp at 7000rpm with gobs of low/average power. He knew very well the car could NOT be lazy down low because I would be auto-crossing it. Cam grinders are hesitant to offer words like that unless they KNOW what its going to do, and Ed isnt the kind that is going to let his word be smeared for some random car.

When Ed Curtis was designing the cam for my old engine he actually recommended a set of Trick flow 260's. HE also guaranteed that the engine would make 600rwhp at 7000rpm with gobs of low/average power. He knew very well the car could NOT be lazy down low because I would be auto-crossing it. Cam grinders are hesitant to offer words like that unless they KNOW what its going to do, and Ed isnt the kind that is going to let his word be smeared for some random car.

Was that the supercharged 347 you were planning?