Interior Color Question On My Door Panels On 89 Vert

mustangfiveo198

Founding Member
May 20, 2002
Driving my STANG
I got a 89 convertible and the seats, rug and console are smoke gray. But half the dash and half the door panels are a two tone with smoke gray and a darker gray almost black. I'm re doing the interior and am up to the doors. I got the smoke gray paint, but don't know what color the other gray is. Anyone have the same interior? any ideas would be great. LMR said they don't have the color in stock.

• Sponsors (?)

I've redyed/painted alot of Fox and other interiors over the Years. Pretty sure noone makes or sells the color paint for the top of the dash, cluster, doors, steering column, ect, ect. At least I've never found anything I was happy with. "Most people will tell it's black but it's not." It's actually a dark charcoal grey.
Years ago I took a dash speaker grill and custom mixed a charcoal grey "match" in pre-catalyzed lacquer. Ever since I've simply reproduced it as needed.
You could do the same. Just take a small part to a local auto paint retailer near you and have them mix it up for you in an interior lacquer.

Good Luck

Reactions: 1 users