Interior color?

I have a 66 coupe and from what I know is the car is original. I'd like to keep it that way, but the some stuff needed to be replaced. The steering wheel for example is totally screwed,
View attachment 397325

and the arm rests are completely faded and need to replaced and so does the package tray.
I went to NPD this weekend to get some parts and they brought out a reproduction original style steering wheel for the 66 but it was maroon red instead of the same red as mine, They said ur interior was probably switched by some1,
Is that true? did 66's only come in maroon? (its a darker red)
Here are some pics of my current interior
View attachment 397327
View attachment 397329
View attachment 397331

• Sponsors (?)

Someone may have changed the ilnterior around. Looking at your photo of the dash (#4), you have a hole just below the dash pad and the SS trim around lthe bottol of the dash. On 66 models, ford changed the dash pads to have a screw which was molded into the dash pad, This screw goes through the hole in the metal dash (where your hole is. Additionally, from the photo, it appears the dash pad has stitching on it. The originals were all molded without any stitching.

Your upholstery is '65, in 66 they went to a "basketweave" insert

Steering wheels are reproduced however, I don't know if they are availaabler in your color. If you do a searcj on the web, there are people who can completley rebuild your wheel to new.- just costs money

I suggest you check the VIN to verify the year. Don't use the door tag.

The vin under the hood says it is a 66, ugh that's dissapointing, I thought it was an original car, thanks for clarifying it though.

Edit: That's ok i guess, i'm pretty sure we're gonna change the seats to the mach1 style seats with the neck rests and stuff, but a little later on.
Plus I dont think anyone will see that at first glance =)