interior spray?

ponypowa2

May 17, 2004
Destin, FL
What do you guys use to dye/spray your interior? I want to change the tan to black all throughout the car.. Also I have seen posts about it, but has anyone actually attempted to dye the convertible top? I am wondering how well this works/holds up through the weather.. thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I simply sprayed mine with a primer/interior paint/clear coat from autozone. It came out pretty good. I only did the dash though. The rest of the parts I got out of salvage cars at junkyards. Here is a pic of the results.

dash.jpg

It looks really shiny from the flash, but if you look at the top of the dash that was elrady black, and the part I painted it is almost unoticable.

A guy in our local car club who is on stangnet (harley02) did that to his 95 GT.

I forget exactly how he did it, but I will tell him to come check this out and lend a hand. I would venture to say his looks like brand new, stock black interior.

984.6gt, can you post more pics of your interior. I was thinking about painting my center bezel silver like yours there.

I just finished bolting the interior back together. I changed the interior color from saddle to a char. grey. I used the dulpi-color spray cans, with the clear,plastic primer first. I took off all the parts of course, leaving just shell. I dropped some sound proofing and installed racing seats and a grant steering wheel. Came out awsome looking and didn't have any problems. Just make sure that you really clean it with an approved pre paint cleaner or alcohol, which is what I used.

As far as Dying the top, I saw a guy on the Corral Forum that did his 3 years ago and he posted some recent pictures. I thought it looked great. He said he prepped the crap out of it and then sprayed about three coats of black and it looks almost stock to me. Check there if you get a chance.

Cheers

5.0_GT_kid said:
A guy in our local car club who is on stangnet (harley02) did that to his 95 GT.

I forget exactly how he did it, but I will tell him to come check this out and lend a hand. I would venture to say his looks like brand new, stock black interior.

984.6gt, can you post more pics of your interior. I was thinking about painting my center bezel silver like yours there.
:lol: :rlaugh: I painted his bezel/vents for him!!!

He practically took his car apart to do that.

RC